Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11,488 Posts
That's a Big Damn Bike, Danger!

Good writeup, very informative. Will somebody please buy me one of these for my 40th? Perhaps all the MO-Fos here can pool their pennies in a praypal donation to help defray the cost of my new Soupa'-T......

·
Registered
11,488 Posts
Where I come from, a "Twingle" is a Puch (sold in the US as a Sears) 2-stroke that has 2 pistons and one connecting rod. One piston pulls in fuel and air, the other compresses and fires the mix. A guy had one at the FL C2C ride.

Here's a good article on them:

Puch 250 twingle engine « Puch250′s Weblog
Little-known fact: Puch originally made their name (and early fortune!) in the late-1800's when Svenbjord Puch assisted the Canadian Beer-companies in developing a sporting-venue that would allow agressive combatants to display their pugilistic-skills.

As "boxing" had recently been copyrighted by the United States Beer-companies, the companies were forced into a one-upmanship; with their Gladatorial Contestants going at one-another en-masse atop frozen lakes and millponds. And, to further-enhance the percieved danger-factor, they required them to balance themselves upon sharpened knives, turned edgewise to the ice; and then provided each with slender clubs.

To enhance the supposed-deadliness of this Bloodsport, it was decided to add projectile-weaponry to the mix, propelled by the clubs, making it not immediately-lethal to the "players".

This is where Puch came-in: using the latest Abacus-aided-design, he developed a projectile that was SO superior in performance-characteristics that it carries-on today, little-changed since its inception. Although many companies now produce these projectiles, they ALL carry the name "Puck" - in honor of the man that invented them.

·
Registered
11,488 Posts
The Adventure bike class is definitely heating up, If I was an attention grabbing sluut I would point out that once again I seem to be a trend setter around here bouncing around on my mighty GS......besides Seruzawa of course with the Tiger and ol' Ken what's his face with the Pee-Strom....

For my money I think I'd get the new 800 Tiger however like 12'r pointed out a water cooled Trailie has a certian built in limitation....
Or Pulley with th' Uly.....

·
Registered
11,488 Posts
Where does the big KTM fit in all this? Those things rock off road.

We need a comparo test, with shots depicting off road mayhem in jaw dropping pretty places. I will happy to be a guest tester and provide the trails.

My standard issue jaw dropping pretty place off road photo, for your perusal. 12,000 feet high on top of Red Cone. Hmm. Picture the boys up here on their big GS bikes. It would be some work to get a big bike up there, but if were not my machine I was beating the crap out of, I could do it :D

What's all that "white stuff" on the ground - sugar-sand?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.