Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,030 Posts
These will be a killer deal in three years at $7500 new.

·
Registered
5,030 Posts
Has ANY Japanese retro bike ever sold well? The only one that springs to mind is the Kawi Z-Rex, and that was based on a cool-ass original. Honda CB's don't have that cachet except to Boomers who sigh nostalgically over their first controlled bowel movement.

·
Registered
5,030 Posts
Nice sig, Seru. Do you have The Hat? How's it sit? Pretty cunning, don't you think?

·
Registered
5,030 Posts
I went to Riva today and put down a deposit on a CB1100 ABS. It'll be here 3/15. It's going to be a really long 5 weeks!
Congrats! Post pics when you get it.

·
Registered
5,030 Posts
Oh, yeah, and Ken - I'm not gonna bust your balls because it's not electric.

I'm gonna bust your balls because it's just as much a retro, old farts' bike as anything in the Harley line-up.

Welcome to the Dark Side!

·
Registered
5,030 Posts
I was decidedly "meh" on the CB at first, but a few days ago I was flipping through a motorcycle mag at work, and the damn thing started growing on me.

Who was the MOron who came up with the terrific phrase "event bike" to describe bikes you can't just up 'n' go on? I bet you'll ride that CeeBer a lot more than the Strom. Very good choice, Ken. I predict you'll be a very happy camper. Too bad you're 1500 miles away. We could go on a Harley/Honda ride and scandalize the bluenoses who frown on such unnatural co-mingling.

·
Registered
5,030 Posts
You'll need a flannel shirt, Levi jacket and some Dingo Harness boots to complete the look now along with your gold mettalflake 3/4 lid..
Don't forget the luggage rack with the bungeed milkcrate.

·
Registered
5,030 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.