Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Comparative analysis

I am guessing the appeal here is the retro styling and the ability to buy it new with 21st century technology. Compared to other offerings available I would not want to spend that much for a trip down memory lane. Especially at 550 lbs. I like the bike but it does not raise my passion level.

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
My favorite bike

I had a 1975 CB750. It was my favorite bike of all time. I made the jump to light speed from a CB350. I was scared to death of it because it had so much power. Ha Ha! The thing that really sticks out in my mind is that it was so heavy compared to the 350. The 750 ran like a top and I never had to fix anything on it. Unlike the 75 T140 Bonneville I bought. I think it ran well for a month. It is still my second most favorite bike. I am blessed.

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Viewing #2

At first notice I was not excited about this bike. It had to be my less than stellar attitude at the time. Seeing it in the flesh immediately told me how wrong I was. This bike is beautiful. Modern technology with the classic cb look and geometry. As a primary ride I'm all in.

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Congratulations

Because it's not electric.

I went to Riva today and put down a deposit on a CB1100 ABS. It'll be here 3/15. It's going to be a really long 5 weeks!

Anybody want to buy a really well-maintained VStrom 1000?
I think you made a good choice. Good luck. I did see a Brammo on the road today stopped at an intersection coming from the Ortega Highway. It's the first time I've seen one on the road.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.