Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10,903 Posts
Nice bike and I'm glad they were able to do it with an air-cooled motor.

It is a little porky though. My Ducati GT1000 weighed about 100 lbs less with more HP and kept the retro theme alive.

Now it remains to be seen if the Milkcrate Brigade that has been clamoring for this bike will open their moth-filled wallets and buy it.

A couple of years waiting might yield a dealer leftover at a nice price.

·
Registered
10,903 Posts
I'm really happy they decided to bring this bike here. I have a feeling they're going to sell a boatload of them. Think of how well HD has done with their nostalgia market, now here's a bike aimed at the 100's of thousands of guys who owned, rode, or had a Dad, older brother, etc., who had a CB750.

And if the aftermarket steps in, with retro tank kits, 4/1 pipes, fork extenders (just kidding), it'll be even more fun! I wonder if the original Vetter molds are still around?
Just troll the motorcycle daily forum. That's where the milk crate brigade hangs out. They are already complaining that it's too expensive and wanted it for $7999.

That's probably why it's not going to sell in huge numbers. Tightwads.

·
Registered
10,903 Posts
Indeed. Honda with its brilliant "You meet the nicest people on a Honda" campaign together with affordable and reliable motorcycles, changed the face of the m/c world. Too bad the company became so hidebound inrecent years, follwing the industry instead of leading it. However new models this year may signal a shift back to a motorcycle division run by m/cers rather than a committee of car guys.
Suzuki seems intent on that role with the B.O.S.S.

·
Registered
10,903 Posts
Frankly I'd love to have an excuse to pull over on those road trips. "Sorry guys, need gas again!" Then I sneak off to bust yet another whizz, swallow another couple more Tylenols, stretch the aging joints...

But I think the damn thing is producing 70 mpg...which is ridiculous. That's 200 miles or more a tank!
My GT1000 had a four gallon tank and got 42-45 mpg. On a bike like that, it's perfect timing for a break.

My BMW has a 7 gallon tank! The damn thing never runs dry and my a$$ is asleep before I pull over.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.