Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Here's the problem with this bike. See, the "retro" thing with the Harleys and Triumphs is successful because of what they are emulating. See, they are emulating machines that in their day were not reliable enough to exist in large numbers now. But this machine? It emulates the Honda's of their own heyday.

But the reason that the older Honda's were so popular is evident in Craigslist. You can pick up a very good running example of an air cooled Honda 650 all the way up to a 900 for a fraction of the cost of this machine. Recently, I sold my 599 because of the lack of comfort and picked up a 91 Nighthawk 750 for under $2000. The only thing this CB1100 that my Nighthawk doesn't is a tick more power and fuel injection. Outside of that, I simply dont' see the extra $8000 here. Oh, and in the early 80's all the way up to 2003, the air cooled inline fours of Honda had hydraulic valves so in that way they are even better than this example, which even with a redline lower than my 750 still requires valve attention. Bonus 2 is that a CB900 would eat this thing for lunch, having both more torque and HP, and it has shaft drive. CB900's can be had for pennies and they are still running stout.

So yeah, I picture my old NH750 with the top box full of $8000 and yeah, I'll keep mine.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I tend to agree with the idea that this thing should not have it's bag cut off at 7000RPM. Not a Camry? Well put. If I want a stroll in the park sort of bike, it's not going to be this. I'd just buy a Rebel 250.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.