Motorcycle Forums banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
"...hoping Honda finds a way to bring the CB1100’s price point more in line with its competition. For example, Harley’s 2013 Sportster 1200 SuperLow starts at $8099, while the base model Bonneville and its 865cc engine starts even lower, at $7700. For a modern standard with simple, retro styling, those price points would seem to be far more appealing to that curious bystander at whom Honda’s so obviously aiming, or at the re-entry rider who’s looking for an economical but stylish reason to get back on two wheels."

Sounds like this would be the return of the CB750, in pre-Nighthawk styling. Update to fuel injection would be required, but everything else should already be in the parts bins. Using the current Honda playbook they could do an early Goldwing, a cafe racer, and a standard.

I've thought about what bike I'd use to ride around the world, and the CB750 would be it, due to availability and ease of repair.

·
Registered
5,030 Posts
From the article:

For example, Harley's 2013 Sportster 1200 SuperLow starts at $8099
No fair. The rest of the world gets an 883 engine, but MO gets a special 1200!

·
Registered
9 Posts
I tend to agree with the idea that this thing should not have it's bag cut off at 7000RPM. Not a Camry? Well put. If I want a stroll in the park sort of bike, it's not going to be this. I'd just buy a Rebel 250.

·
Registered
144 Posts
British Twin?

So here we're looking at a Honda 1100 cc inline four, or a British twin? And a British twin that starts and runs every day? No contest.

If you want a British Twin that starts and runs every day, get the modern Triumph.

I had both, a 72 Interstate and a 1975 750. The Norton was much more fun and much more comfortable.

·
Registered
330 Posts
A 3.9 gal fuel tank is ridiculous and is why I'd never consider one. The '83 CB1100F had a 5.8 gallon tank and this one should, too. Especially if all it can manage is fuel mileage in the 40's.

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
Who in the bloody hell let the unnamed one back through the turnstile?

Oh, we're ignoring him, right?

Saw the CB11 at the NY show this year. Nice. But it made me a little drowsy. Guess it's not for me.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.