Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
The Toad
17,461 Posts
Re: Coincidence?

Well, actually HD's bikes bear a striking resemblance to their bikes of 100 years ago. Some even appear to still have a total-loss oiling system. (Just kidding.)

·
The Toad
17,461 Posts

Don't forget the Royal Enfield "Indians" of the 60s.

Does that make it only 48 years of no production?

Maybe we could start our own country. We could call it The Roman Empire and claim that we're celebrating 4 thousand years of existence.

·
The Toad
17,461 Posts
What's with the 600s yellow fairing/front end and the silver tail section? Did two different design teams split up the styling? Cripes, go with yellow or silver, but not both!

·
The Toad
17,461 Posts
What's the big deal? Everyone knows that God rides a Harley.

That is, when he's not on his Gixxer.

·
The Toad
17,461 Posts
Hey, even I'm getting tired of the Japanese getting hit for copying other's ideas.

Harley's centralization on V-Twins was simply their copying of aircraft radial engines, which were the most powerful air-cooled engines pre-WWII. so you could say that HD is a copycat too.

Almost all the luxury auto manufacturers are copying Mercedes and have been for years. Even some not-so-luxury cars. Remember Chryslers crappy K-cars? Complete Mercedes E-series styling ripoffs, complete with 5 pointed badges rather than 3 pointed badges.

Copycatting is a mainstay of any industry. Look at how many copycats have been made of successful movies? How many times are we going to see the plot of 'Diehard' or'Alien' rehashed? For that matter there is little that is fundamentally original since Shakespeare. A genius like Hitch***** comes along and then hundreds of shameless copycats film thousands of hours of schlock copycats.

Sure, the Japanese have taken a lot of flack for copycating and a lack of originality in the marketplace. Yet they have their own art and architecture that is unique and quite beautiful. Few things can beat a sand garden for beauty.

Maybe the Japanese should incorporate more of their own unigueness in their aesthetic designs, but as far as copycatting goes they're hardly worse than anyone else.

·
The Toad
17,461 Posts

Ah, the exciting life of a Charter Accountant! You get to wear that neat hat and carry a whip.

·
The Toad
17,461 Posts
Re: I'm not saying it's wrong

I'll have to come back and catch-up on these posts later. I'm still too hung over from all that wild partying we did last night celebrating that fantastic charter.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts