Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
I know it's a Suzuki press release, but do they have to say "Suzuki" in every single sentence? It is incredibly annoying.

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
Re: Coincidence?

Yamaha was celebrating 25 years of making cruisers, not 25 years of making the XS650. It's no different than Suzuki celebrating 40 years of selling bikes in the U.S., or H-D celebrating 100 years of making motorcycles.

·
Registered
1,670 Posts

Yep. Suzuki's trying to bask in the glow of H-D by putting special colors and badges on Hayabusas and GSX-R600's.

·
Registered
1,670 Posts

"I forgive you for not understanding how marketing departments think or press coverage works."

Then please explain it to me.

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
Re: Celebrating the XS650 Special

"They took an nice enough parallel twin Triumph clone and screwed up the styling and handling by trying to make the Truimph clone into a Harley clone. "

Yeah, that's exactly why they annihalated Triumph in sales, because they "screwed up the styling".

They built what people wanted, and those people bought it. What a concept!

·
Registered
1,670 Posts

So what? H-D is celebrating the anniversary of its first bike, which wasn't offered for sale to anyone (unlike Suzuki, which actually sold bikes in its first year in the US). Production bikes for sale from H-D didn't come until three years later, if my memory serves me correctly.

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
Smartass!

I was referring to grammatical nuggets like this one:

"In a short period of time, Suzuki established itself as one of the major brands in the rapidly expanding motorcycle marketplace, due to Suzuki's new model innovations, its response to customer needs and the reliability of its products."

Why can't they just replace the second "Suzuki" in that sentence with "it's"?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts