Motorcycle Forums banner
41 - 60 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
10,904 Posts
As a Catholic and a Harley rider....Excellent!

Do you think they'll make a novelty helmet like the Pope's lid? I've got an extra DOT sticker to pop on the back.

·
Registered
446 Posts
DOT:

Daughters Of Therese...it's a carmelite order, I think. Very big in spiritual Theology. The Little Flower, don't you know.

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
You are refering of course to the optional "tropical service anti-malarial fogger" device fitted on silver Bandits and accidently shipped here.

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Re: Coincidence?

Just a coincidence Buzglyd, you analytical whizzkid. So Suzuki is celebrating their 40 anniversary because of HD had their 100th? I have a revolutionalry theory: Suzuki celebrates their 40th birthday, beacause, er, its their 40th birthday (in US).

-cruiz-euro

·
Registered
1,521 Posts

I agree with Buzglop it is a blatant rip-off that the Japanese put badges and colors on their bikes. Shocking really.

-cruiz-euro

·
Registered
10,904 Posts

MMMM HMMM

Suzuki is celebrating it's "charter" in California which was established in 1963. Bikes came later. Let's all celebrate the Charter!

·
The Toad
17,461 Posts
What's the big deal? Everyone knows that God rides a Harley.

That is, when he's not on his Gixxer.

·
Registered
1,670 Posts

Yep. Suzuki's trying to bask in the glow of H-D by putting special colors and badges on Hayabusas and GSX-R600's.

·
The Toad
17,461 Posts
Hey, even I'm getting tired of the Japanese getting hit for copying other's ideas.

Harley's centralization on V-Twins was simply their copying of aircraft radial engines, which were the most powerful air-cooled engines pre-WWII. so you could say that HD is a copycat too.

Almost all the luxury auto manufacturers are copying Mercedes and have been for years. Even some not-so-luxury cars. Remember Chryslers crappy K-cars? Complete Mercedes E-series styling ripoffs, complete with 5 pointed badges rather than 3 pointed badges.

Copycatting is a mainstay of any industry. Look at how many copycats have been made of successful movies? How many times are we going to see the plot of 'Diehard' or'Alien' rehashed? For that matter there is little that is fundamentally original since Shakespeare. A genius like Hitch***** comes along and then hundreds of shameless copycats film thousands of hours of schlock copycats.

Sure, the Japanese have taken a lot of flack for copycating and a lack of originality in the marketplace. Yet they have their own art and architecture that is unique and quite beautiful. Few things can beat a sand garden for beauty.

Maybe the Japanese should incorporate more of their own unigueness in their aesthetic designs, but as far as copycatting goes they're hardly worse than anyone else.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
While the original 'busa seemed like the ugliest bike I had seen, the styling has grown on me, and subesquent paint schemes are a big improvement. I like the burn orange look myself.

·
The Toad
17,461 Posts

Ah, the exciting life of a Charter Accountant! You get to wear that neat hat and carry a whip.

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
If you want to see beauty as defined by Japan, look no further than the '03 R1, that bike is drop dead gorgeous, Japans focus on copying other people's heritage is a little embarrasing When they have bikes like the Z-REX or GSF1400 both have a real 70's & 80's UJM look going, and the GS series, and of course..........THE BANDIT 1200S...............Gods personnel favorite [he told me]

·
Registered
28 Posts
40th anniversary is what the "boring" anniv.

Wow, how exciting! The big 4-0 is celebrated by passing along a bunch of Alstare Corona Suzuki reps left over from last years stock in Europe, the biggest blobular orange thing ever (Hey, Schwinns, Speed Triples and the new Z1000 are cool in orange, not the Busa or Gold wings), and a little cruiser (how cute and perfect for you Florida riders).

Gee you'd think we could at least get the Bandit 12, SVxxx, and maybe the GSXR1000 in some type of cool retro corporate race colors or something.

Pretty boring pathetic excuse for a celebration.

41 - 60 of 70 Posts