Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Re: 500 GP Preview from Kenny Roberts

Good luck to KR Sr. this season. After the years he has spent putting his team together, I sure hope he starts having some success.

Any chance that the Proton GP effort will lead to a street bike? Maybe I missed something, but it would be great to see a US built sport bike. It could be an outgrowth of the Proton racing effort someday. Just imagine a three cylinder bike with a GP based chassis. OK, so it would have to be a four stroke and there are other problems, like financing, to solve. It is fun to think about in any case.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Now you can say....duh !

What planet have you been on ? The Modenas project and facilities are based in the UK. Some of the facilities used to be based in Spain. Proton is a car manufacturer that is based in Indonesia. I think your base would be "free-base cocaine" from the blithering you typed. Bennelli and Triumph both make 3 cylinder four stroke bikes. What I think would be fun to think about would be coming home late from work and finding Morgan Fairchild naked in my bed with a can of whipped cream. Imagine that !

·
Registered
238 Posts
Re: Now you can say....duh !

OK... duh!

Yeah, I know about Triumphs and Benellis. I was going off on a tangent thinking about the REMOTE possibility that somebody, anybody, from any background, would make something other than a V-twin in the USA. KR is an American. The connection is tenuous, but then so is my grasp of reality sometimes. You seem to heve noticed that.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Re: Now you can say....duh !

Not to mention the fact that Roberts set off on his own to build RACE BIKES, not street bikes. The foundation of KR's effort is the belief that top line road racing bikes should be from a dedicated RACE BIKE company a la McLaren, Willimas, Prost, Sauber, etc. in F1 cage racing...

·
Registered
203 Posts
i absolutley can't wait until the season starts!!

grand prix is so loaded with talent, anyone of 8 different guys have a very good possibility of taking the checkered flag: Roberts, Biaggi, Rossi, McCoy, Checa, Criville, Barros and Haga. This Proton thing just adds a little spice to the whole lineup. It's too damn bad that Aprilia didn't keep the 500, because Jeremy McWilliams was looking really good at the end of the season. 11 more days!! yippeee!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Re: i absolutley can

That's because Aprilia is spending 5-10 million dollar on a 4-stroke 990cc GP1 machine and therefore cannot afford to run an imcompetitive 2stroke wich will be ditched next year anyway.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Re: 500 GP Preview from Kenny Roberts

I hope Jurgen does very well in the new season. Last season he showed once again he is an excellent rider. Being in the top 10 often with his V-twin against those V-4 monsters is pretty damn good. Thats why Honda offered him a V-4 for this season, but because the offer came pretty late the team couldnt bring up the money. And thats a shame.

P.S. cant wait for the 4-strokes

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.