Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Street legal!!! Everyone should have a chance to ride a bike like this!

When I put NOS to my 95 900RR, I scared myself stupid the first few times I tagged the horn button. This bike was putting out 155hp on the bottle (small NOS jets). [I've got this out of my GSXR1000 with a couple of bolt-ons -- I love the Japenese!] Then, I rode a friend's NOS GSXR1100. Big NOS jets and a motor built to back it up with an adjustable swingarm and drag slick. It would light up the rear tire and step sideways at a buck and change. Again, I was picking seat foam out of my posterior after the first few runs. This was putting out a little over 210hp. Since then I've ridden a turbo-charged and built Busa putting down about 260hp. It would bang off the rev limiter hard in top gear;-) Until you've nearly worn a Busa as a hat at 150mph you haven't lived! I think parts of my body are still clenched tight after that experience. [I think that I would be happy with exactly 202hp.] My point (I actually have one) is that strapping a bike like this to a dyno is one thing, but riding one is a whole different ball game (even half that hp -- street or strip). Not everyone could ride this and survive. Someone should mass produce a 225hp turbo bike and thin the herd a bit.

Street legal!!! Dang.

·
Registered
9 Posts
But, doesn't some little part of you want to twist the throttle on something with even 2/3 that hp? [Its the same part that makes you put your tongue on a 9v battery more than once or want to ride a KTM Duke from Seattle to Daytona.] If it comes apart (and spares your nads), even better;-)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts