Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help! I have an '80 GS1100L with a tank-mounted fuel pump. It operates via a pulse sent from a hidden crankcase vent. I say hidden because I'll be damned if I can locate the place to connect the tube between the fuel pump and the crankcase. (The pump is easy, the other end...?) Does ANYBODY have any experience with this model or a similar make and model that used this system? Any and all input will be greatly appreciated.

·
MODERATOR X
5,449 Posts
There is no "fuel pump" in an '80 GS1100 L. That's the fuel gauge sending unit you're looking at.

It's a gravity feed system, with the fuel shutoff valve being vacuum operated, off no.2 cylinder's intake manifold.

You really should have known...

·
Snuggles
4,369 Posts
It's amazing how much motorcycle info is crammed into your head!

We should have a thread dedicated to "Stump The Cuddy". People submit off the wall trivia and problems about motorcycles and you have to either guess correctly or provide the right solution to the question.

Kind of like ESPN's "Stump the Schwab" and a "Dear Abby" Column...except with more booze involved.

·
MODERATOR X
5,449 Posts
Yes Indeed!

It's amazing how much motorcycle info is crammed into your head!

We should have a thread dedicated to "Stump The Cuddy". People submit off the wall trivia and problems about motorcycles and you have to either guess correctly or provide the right solution to the question.

Kind of like ESPN's "Stump the Schwab" and a "Dear Abby" Column...except with more booze involved.
Bring it on, all you MOrons. Anything at all, from the ignition point gap on a 1903 Pope-Hartford magneto, to the compression ratio of a 1961 Valmobile folding scooter, even shim specs on Cushman 2 speed sliding gear transmissions.

All I have to do is wheel out into my well lit and palacial 2 & 1/2 car garage, and consult one of my many fine dog eared and yellowed publications, (stored in correct chronological order via the dewey decimal system of course) on the subject at hand. It's like the library at ancient Alexandria for all things on two wheels.

Torque specs? Oil capacities? Correct gear ratios? Period paint combinations? Spring rates? Proper sticker placements? Seat foam density? Valve specs? Ohms & Watts? Millivolts? Spark Plugs? Tires? Tyres?

Oh the list goes on and on...even arcane British trivia thought lost to the ages...

But I refuse to answer any minicycle trivia penned by spoiled brats, like "I'm 13 and my CR80 quit running, it was making this funny noise for about a month, and the motor just up and quit, how do I fix it?"

And since I now live vicariously through the biking of others, a curse beset upon me by the Gods of Motorcycling, I have way too much time on my hands.

So bring on the trivia questions....you MOrons...and keep me away from an early grave brought on by the effects of too much Stoli, Dilauded & Oxycotin.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.