Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
That's what I thought - sound of crickets.............

·
Registered
7 Posts
I would like to know too. It seems to me that a bike with a $13,000 price on it should have fuel injection. I test drove one back in July on a 85 degree afternoon and it took three minutes before the choke could be switched off without killing the engine. This same dealer had a 2005 until two months ago and had three 2006 models that had been there since Aoril. Something must be keeping them from being sold.

A salesman at another KTM dealer I stopped at showed me a Duke when I said I wanted to see an Adventure. The funny thing was, he didn't know the difference.

·
Registered
26 Posts
15k on my carbed 950 Adventure & I must say I don't know what you are talking about. I live at 5500 feet & regularly go to +8K feet & down to 1K feet & beyond adjusting the idle, with the easy to use & reach knurled knob on the left side of the bike, I have no issues whatsoever with the carbs performance.

FWIW, this may be the best all around bike I've ever owned ... period. It now gets the most use of all the scoots in the garage which include an, a couple of Ducs (1 carbed & 1 injected), an SV650 (carbed), MV Agusta F4 1000 (with a very notchy & sensitive fuel injection map) & a recently departed KLR (carbed).

Fuel injection is as only as good as the mapping. My understanding from some of the dual sport forums is the Euro 990's are having some teething issues with FI surging which some owners are finding unacceptable. When the 990's do hit North America they hopefully will have the mapping figured out.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I am an industry insider, and here is the word...

Polaris Industries, currently partnered with KTM, has decided to phase out the 'Adventure' series in favor of a Victory 'Vegas Baja'. Sporting 11" of front and rear travel, but a low 23" seat height it will appeal to a wider variety of riders. The 100ci Freedom engine will power knobby tires in 250x18 rear and 19x90 front sizes. A matching set of Fringe and Conch covered leather Al Jesse saddlebags will be optional, and a Ness signature verision is in the works. Look for it in dealerships late 2007.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Glad to hear that you have had a good experience with the bike and don't have the carb issues the dealer had with the demo bike.

Might I ask what kind of fuel economy you get? The multi bike comparisons and other reviews I have read show averages in the high 30's while the dealers I asked are saying 45. I am looking for something to replace the KLR that I have right now with something that is smoother running on the long trips yet economical for my daily commute and the KTM fuel economy has been a question mark.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.