Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looks like the AMA is going to be fighting another uphill battle. Clear Channel already has the tracks, TV, and the undisputed world's best supercross track designer/builder. I suppose the only questions are:

1: What will the manufacturers and riders do?

2: What will the fans do? (I suspect the fans will follow the factory teams and riders.)

3: Will the AMA lose another $3 million, after they try to slander and snuff out the Clear Channel series?

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
In the AMA's favor, is the fact that thier board of trustees is largely made up of manufacturer's reps. This might mean that the manufacturers will be more inclined to stick with the AMA and unofficially "boycott" the Clear Channel series.

·
Registered
217 Posts
These guys better be careful. Ever heard of CART, and IRL. They have helped destroy open wheel racing in this country. If you need proof just look a the attendance at the races. I know many think NASCAR is evil (I still am on the fence with that one.), but they know how to play to the masses. Segregation is definitley not part of the equation. It may not get that bad, but it won't make things any better.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I hope the ama goes down in flames. They have screwed their members for years, the most recent being the $3 million suit involving Edmonsen(sp?).

I keep hoping that someone like F-USA/ pACE/Clearchannel will catch on with the manufactures and leave the AMA. We are in need of a better organized, safer for the riders, higher purse giving organization.

Hope you AMA members weren't hoping for them to actually DO anything for you in the next few years, they'll be tied up in lawsuits........again.

·
Registered
217 Posts
The AMA is not a bad thing, just the people that run it. I don't disagree with you, I just wish that an organization that has all the resources of putting together racing series, and the ability to lobby would do a little more for it's members.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Re: how

Well, it should read "a courtroom battle is waged [by ...]" if you are trying to get grammatically perfect, but it has nothing to do with "second person, third person verb" as you stated.

Second person is "you," as in "You 'wages' war on her.

Third person is "he-she-it"(singular) or "they-them" (plural). He wages war on her, or They wage war on them.

I am not sure if it is incorrect the way the headline is written (since all newspaper headlines take a little liberty with grammar) but it is ambiguous, since it could have easily meant "pay rate."

·
Registered
20 Posts
What really scares me is that Clear Channel is not only now competing with AMA but effectively blocking them out of the picture at once.

Clear Channel has a stranglehold on radio in the US already, playing some of the worst programming you can imagine. I moved from Columbia, SC where they owned nearly all the FM stations in the area ( one could listen to Clear Channel's idea of modern rock, classic rock, R&B, Top 40, and Wave format).

I am suspect of their actions after the list of banned song "suggestions" that went to all their stations around the first of October.

This company has shown a history of making whatever it touches less interesting, so I don't really see a good future for motorcycling if it is to associate with Clear Channel.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.