Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Super Duper Mod Man
10,479 Posts
Re: A Buell Crusier? Hey! It could Happen, if I had my way.

I believe Harley produces the bikes they do because they know they will sell. Fear of alienating anyone is not the issue. Sinking millions into a design that doesn't sell is the issue. Harley already makes the Sportster line, which is 90% of what you want. A Buell framed V-Rod is not even remotely possible, when you look at the motor designs. I think Harley has it's customers pegged pretty well. Some people here pine for a Harley sportbike. Why? So it can be slower, heavier and more expensive than a Japanese equivelant? If they produced said sportbike, the traditional Japanese sportbike buyer would laugh at it, and the traditional Harley buyer would scoff at it. A perfect waste of money. Ask Triumph how thier world beater 600 sold. Now, if Harley would put that V-Rod motor in a touring platform, it would certainly get my attention. I have seen many Photoshop chop jobs of a Road King with a V-Rod motor. I have a feeling that we will soon see that design coming much sooner than another cruiser type effort with the V-Rod. Tell me how Erik can create a REAL sportbike? What is the criteria for a REAL sportbike anyway? People always talk about them, but I never figured out what the specifications were for a REAL sportbike.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.