Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
61 - 80 of 201 Posts

· The Toad
17,449 Posts
Re: A Buell Crusier? Hey! It could Happen, if I had my way.

You feel better now, sweetcheeks?

· Registered
955 Posts
Re: You're all wrong. Er, or maybe you're all right, sorta.

If there's one thing that drives me absolutely crazy, it's the way guys will lay out obscene amounts of money for Harleys, then, justify it by resale value. Well, good luck to them...

I always buy Cycle Trader and, month after month, it's full of the same Harleys, again and again (go figure?).

· Registered
16 Posts
Re: I have heard...

Do you think it would be good marketing for him to criticize, bash, and enumerate the drawbacks for a water-cooled engine knowing one was around the corner? That isn't even basic marketing but bad marketing.

· Registered
955 Posts
Judicial correspondence to Chief Justice Pdad13

I "studied" your reply to Buz (it read like a Supreme Court decision). And, since our ideas agree, you’ll get no dissenting opinion from me.

Bet your kids asked why, once, and that was it. :)

· Registered
955 Posts

Note to self: Never argue with pdad13 (Damn, that boy likes proving a point!).

· Registered
1,754 Posts
Re: Judicial correspondence to Chief Justice Pdad13

No kids. And, thankfully, no law degree.

You should talk to my brother (yea on the law degree). He'd really drive you nuts, Justice Jungkvist.

· Registered
1,754 Posts

Nah, I'm just really facinated with the whole Harley/Buell thing. It's like a big puzzle to me. I only go on about things I'm really interested in. On most other topics, you'll just get some kind of wiseass crack.

I'd really like to see Buell flourish.

· Registered
955 Posts

I'd like to see Buell do well, too. I love V-twins, but that pushrod sporty mill don't exactly trip my trigger. Drop something like KTM's RC8 in there, and I'll be waiting for the Credit Union doors to open, next morning.

· Registered
955 Posts
Re: Judicial correspondence to Chief Justice Pdad13

Kids!

Now, there’s a successful marketing scam…Whew! Talk about perception not living up to reality. Hey, I love my kids, but when in comes to initial cash out-lay, and maintenance, sign me up for a Harley.

· Registered
955 Posts
Re: Buell Chopper

That’s interesting, but I was thinking more along the lines of the Buell, perimeter, gas-filled frame. Wouldn’t happen to have a link to one of those, would ya?

· Banned
2,452 Posts
Predictions from the Great One

The Buell name will be gone in 5 years.

Because of our huge trade and budget deficit (W created) the dollar will fall (it has already started). Japanese sportbikes prices will rise an average of 20 % per model because of the exchange rate. Ducati prices will rise 15% and Triumphs will rise by 10%. With rising insurance rates and interest rates (See my point above) the motorcycle market will fall off. Coupled with more baby boomers getting hip replacements you have a dismal forcast for the motorcycle industry. So boys enjoy this golden time while you can....Diversity and new products will take a hit in the next 5 years Bush fans. It's the 80s all over again. Cut taxes, borrow money, spend, and bust cycles Reaganomics has returned... HD will do ok just because the exchange rate will make metric cruisers more expensive....

· Registered
1,754 Posts

Understandable. I rode an XB12R for three days this spring, and aside from its quirks, I really liked it; even the engine had its charms. But I couldn't help wondering what it would have been like with a different motor.

And, of course, I think the price of admission is just too high.

· Registered
1,754 Posts

I've noted the same trend several times. It's no knock on H-D bikes. It's just simple supply and demand. There's a much bigger supply of new and used Harleys than there was 5 or ten years ago. Who's going to continue to pay those prices?

· Registered
514 Posts
Re: I have heard...

I think i f you go back & listen to / read Eriks comments there is no "bashing" & he's not saying anything that isn't true, he just talks about some of the areas where air cooling has legitimate advantages... simplicity, light weight, etc

he doesn't sell a watercooled motor so he doesn't talk about a water cooled motor

once again, it's called marketing

· Registered
955 Posts

Pride is too high and it's a bit too narrow focused for me. I rode a thunderbolt and it was mighty twitchy.

· Registered
514 Posts
Re: Predictions from the Great One

With roughly 50% of Buell's sales in Europe the continued fall of the "American peso" should help grow export sales...

meanwhile back in America with gas prices at $8 a gallon the 70 mpg Buell Blast will become the ride of choice for both former sportbikers and ex cellphone-yapping-fatass-SUV drivers

61 - 80 of 201 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.