Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
161 - 180 of 201 Posts

· Registered
955 Posts
Re: A HA HA HEE

Like it or not, we, as a country, are in debt up to our eye-teeth, and there's not end in sight.

I am no ecnomic wizard, but when I listen to NPR and hear Allen Greenspan say that, in effect, we are in Deep Sh!T, I tend to take it seriously.

While I consider myself a moderate, I have witnessed so many dirty tricks played by this admistration that I have become dumfounded.

Since, anyone, within this administration, who has differed with the President has been gotten rid of; there seems to be an ideological single-mindedness that is, to say the least, scary.

When an administration gets rid of a National Security Adviser, then blows the cover of his wife (a CIA operative) as a warning to others who disagree...Well, if that's not slimy, I don't know what is.

And, anyone who believes, for one second, that the Swift Boat Boys weren't in Mr. Bush's employ, is, at best, nieve.

As far as the war goes: Sun Su believed that if you got as far as armed conflict, you had essentially failed.

Sun Su also believed, one spy could be worth thousands of men. Mr, Bush had over forty pieces of intelligence, cross his desk, warning of terrorist activity, that he ignored.

That, leads me to conclude that Mr, Bush is either a fool, or wanted this war in the first place. If the latter is the case, I truly doubt, he ever imagined the horror of 9/11; but, it didn't stop him from using it as a recuriting poster.

Say what you like about Bill Clinton, he was not an ideologue, but a pragmatist. He was also a brilliant politician, who other world leaders had confidence in. Like it, or not, the United States is not now, and never has been, powerful enough to stand alone in the World.

It appears that, out of fear and uncertainty, much of the electorate wants to take refuge with, what is percieved to be, a "Strong-Man."

This is common behavior, by a people who are frieghtened.

While I have no problem with a person of strong beliefs, history has too many examples of the danger of giving up objectivity, for security.

Mr. Bush might cut a striking image, as John Wayne, on an Aircraft Carrier; however, it might be a good idea to remember that John Wayne never existed. John Wayne was an actor, named Marian Morrison, and he was from Western Iowa, not the Old West.

Sorry, I'm afraid that we've been hoodwinded; and, someday, in the not too distant future, we are going to end up paying for it, for decades to come.

Sorry for going way, way, way off topic.

Now, I'll shut up.

· Registered
356 Posts

I have absolutely no idea why this comment is directed towards me. Have I been hoodwinded by Sun Tzu? Jungky, say anything you like and it's all Kool and the Gang, but dude - take it slower on the Berrylicious wine coolers. I'd also like to mention to no one in particular that I am available for consulting work at the low, low price of $100/hr - if anyone thinks that they have typed something infested with unnecessary commas and pselling errerz, let me know and I can fix them for you - cheap! Are your metaphors weird and clunky? Let me make them crisp and relevant! Why, you can't afford not to hire me!

Just farking with you, buddy. Still don't know why you're dropping all this science on me, though.

/Right, right!

/You're bloody well right

/You got a bloody right to saee it!

· Registered
955 Posts

I wasn't aiming my comments at you. Yours just happened to be the post that I came across when I went off.

Sorry 'bout the punctuation. I do a good bit of songwriting so I tend to punctuate by rhythm rather than by rule. Unfortunately I sometimes work in 7/4 time :). I do tend to get on my soapbox but believe me nobody laughs at me more than I do.

· Registered
955 Posts

And, I liked the Super Tramp. I'm listening to Dave Mathews now, so I better quit writing,or God only knows what things will turn out looking like :)

· Registered
1,754 Posts
Re: Making Jeebus cry, redux

Yeah, just as a goof, I finally decided to click on one of his "truth" links--it goes right to the W.J. Clinton web site. I decided not to address it. You can't reason with a madman...or a grapefruit.

· Registered
955 Posts
Ya think I'm nut...Ya ever see some of the stuff they build on American Chopper, and sell for the price of a small house (where I live)?

Most of the stuff those guys build looks like it came from the prop department of the last Addams Family film.

Anyone who want to pay that kind of money to ride down the road in something that looks like a Bird-Bath, is a lot crazier than me...least I hope so.

Now if you'll excuse me, I gotta go take my meds.

· Registered
955 Posts
How about some new grist for the mill.

Man! This horse is dead and half way to McDonalds (don't anybody even think about posting a comment about McDs).

Hey, MO! How 'bout something new to *****&moan about. Us curmudgeons are getting restless.

Keep it up and I'll have to get a life.

· Registered
1,521 Posts
Some Homework for you, Dr. Gates

How ´bout drawing more graphs:

- government deficit

- government debt

- military spending

- dollar value

- oil prices

- number of crackpot Arabs totally pissed by US

- cruiz-euro

· Registered
1,125 Posts
Re: Some Homework for Kpaul

The federal debt under the first Bush went from 2.6 trillion to a little over 4 trillion. Clinton expanded the debt from about 4 trillion to about 5.5 trillion in 8 years. Our beloved Bush junior expanded the debt from about 5.5 trillion to 7.4 trillion in 4 years and is getting a hike in the debt ceiling to 8.2trillion just this year! I think republican federal spending actually helps the democrats since they get voted in when inflation goes up because of the high federal spending and cut in taxes.

Actually, G. H. W. Bush raised the capitol gains tax to 28%. Clinton lowered it to 20% and G.W. lowered it further to 15%. G.W. will also raise taxes to slow expansion of the federal debt and put a lid on inflation.

I can no longer tell a democrat from a republican!

· Registered
1,140 Posts
Buell cruisers, HD sportbikes, Dem econ talking points, NPR/Dem econ talking points, Warren Buffett as Jesus incarnate re Macro Econ expert, Hunter S Thompson (once wildly funny, now merely tired and sooo 1975), Kook who thinks we are spending 10 billion (or is it million -hint: both are wrong) a week in Iraq....the mind boggles.

Agreed - lets get a new nutty topic rolling. Let the economic ignorance and NPR/DEM & Republicrat talking points reign!

Fellow Morons: my predictions

1. Our economy will ALWAYS be in deep shyite! I know this because headlines tell me so.

2. The WSJ and SmartMoney mag (and lots of others) are right - oil prices will drop...below $30/bbl and sooner rather than later.

3. Then oil prices will rise, then fall, then rise...

4. Oil will be replaced as a primary fuel when it is time - not before it is time and not after it is time.

5. OASHDI (ie SSA) will be fixed, but probably not in the current election cycle - see Susan Lee is today's WSJ. If anyone of you actually knows anything of the subject - and I have yet to see any evidence other than that we have a few dedicated NPR listeners - you know the fixes are pretty straighforward. And the retirement age will have to go up, etc...

6. Red states vs Blue states is just dumb. It is not now nor has it ever been that simple. The good ole USA is a big, messy and complicated place. Thank the good lord (excuuuuse me for the "red state" saying) that this country is as complex and unpredictable as it is!

7. The falling dollar is NOT forever. It will rise again. And it will fall again....The American economy is the worlds most robust and creative....and it is overtaxed, but not by Eurostandards. Oh, and another thing (warning - devotees of the "sage of Omaha" MIGHT be offended) - Euro states are cutting taxes on investments - like dividends - all over the place. The move to Euroland tax harmony is as dead as disco.

8. Someday some smart reporter (is that an oxymoron?) will FINALLY determine that the skill set to id and make long term investments in undervalued companies (this used to be called Value investing) is NOT the same skill set that is needed to set tax policy, encourage dynamic and "creative distruction'...ooops - I better not be quoting any Austrian School economist. Might find my economic liberterian bloomers showing....

9. There will be no Buell cruiser anytime soon.

10. And no HD sport bikes anytime soon.

and finally...just to hose off you know who:

11. And not only is there no "global warming", we are tipping into a 30 to 40 year cooling cycle.

Hopefully that all stirred the pot a bit!

But, be warned...generations do change and marketing paradigms that reflect that gen do, too.

Just though the group could not possibly do without another loooooong and possibly uninformed harangue!

161 - 180 of 201 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.