Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
That's a classy move?? Translation;

"We'd say congratulations on your 100th. But you wouldn't hear us... over the obnoxiously loud aftermarket pipes your customers insist on installing on every bike you make."

·
Registered
415 Posts
That's great! Way to go BMW!

The funny thing is there will be many riders on the ride home who will see it and crack up laughing. The other 250,000 will think, "F*** BMW!"

I like the BMW folks. They have to work on their bikes more than I do and they've never hesitated to stop and help a fellow rider out when it was needed.

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
This is not the only good BMW ad

...anyone remember the BMW rider (while passing a truck sporting two guys with "cool" shades and an apparently broken HD in the back) saying: "well they ought to make a movie Born To Drive".

Well I own a fat boy so what am I smiling at

- cruiz-euro

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Jeez!! Relax will ya. It was a joke!!

I own a '92 FLHS and love it. It's in the parking lot and no, I don't have aftermarket pipes, but I did punch a hole or two in the stock mufflers. But, it's not obnoxiously loud!!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Whomever is doing the ads for BMW in the U.S. has been making funny ads and billboards for a while.

About 3 years ago I saw an ad in one of the print mags with the tag line

"I didn't know BMW made cars until I passed one"

With the guys riding a K1200 I think.

that's my fave

Ducgroupie out

·
Registered
108 Posts
That sign is hysterical! Way to go BMW for making me laugh and reminding us that we are all family on two wheels. Anyone with the slightest sense of humor will think this is very funny. It IS okay to poke fun at ourselves, especially when it's a message of well wishes.

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
Re: This is not the only good BMW ad

Wasn't it "easy driver"?

All their ads are good except the "stinky guy "one. I thought that was pretty odd.

I'm not real sure of the demographic they were after with that.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Funny sign and, oh, how true! I went to a BMW national rally a few years back. After the closing ceremony, about a thousand Beemers fired up at the same time. I didn't even have to raise my voice to talk to my passenger. (Though I almost got blinded by the modulated headlights and reflective riding gear.)

Compare that to Main Street Daytona or the Weirs at Laconia. I know this means something, but I'm not sure what......

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.