Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bayliss wins at Monza. Blah, blah, blah... . It as exciting as Rossi wins at (place a MotoGP race here). Why does everyone get hacked off at Speed(vision) preempting the race when you know who is going to win?

·
Registered
146 Posts
If it was only about who won, why bother watching the race at all? Just look at the results. If bayliss had crashed/broken down/run off at the last corner and Edwards had won, would it have been a better spectacle? At least there was doubt about the outcome for much of the races, and great dicing at high speeds etc etc. What else do you want???

·
Registered
217 Posts
A close points race. What series on two wheels can achieve this? Well, besides the West Coast 125 Supercross series. I love two wheel racing, but how boring. All you who b*tch about NASCAR, but atleast you can anticipate some mixing it up at the front of the field. You know what the 125 outdoor series will probably be the best racing on two wheels this year.

ps

No I didn't watch Monza, it may have been exciting.

·
Registered
13 Posts
boring?!? How much closer can it get? Just because Bayliss has won 80% of the races so far doesn't really show how close most of those wins were... (too laxy to link the results from the earlier races) The GP series is a little different due to the new bikes, and Rossi (and Honda's V5) will pretty much dominate, but it's close there too....

and the only reason why NASCAR "mixes it up" at the front is becuase it is to motorsport what the WWF is to real wrestling. What other series changes the rules during the season, and sometimes changes the rules only for some contestants?? what other motorsport has yellow flags when someone gets out to a huge lead? How much mixing up is there when NASCAR races on a real racetrack?

anyway, i think that the wsb and the gp series are the best two-wheeled series out there...

·
Registered
19 Posts
Gee, I dunno... maybe because the lead swapped, like, a million times in the last six laps... maybe because Bayliss went off the course, got knocked to fourth, then clawed back for the win with record lap times... maybe because the race for second in the second race was just as exciting... jeez, did you even watch the races before you blah, blah, blahed?

·
Registered
120 Posts
He's just playing with them

While the racing, especially in the first looked pretty close, I think Bayliss had them all well covered the whole time. Notice in the first race after he and Edwards ran off the track, Bayliss pulled a number of laps all at least a second under the lap record to catch up. Then in the second race, when he decided to go, he just went, and there wasn't much anyone could do.

On a side note, they said on the local coverage last night that the shortlist for the Ducati MotoGP ride is Bayliss, Biaggi, and Xaus. While out of those three, I think Bayliss easily deserves the ride the most, and I'm sure would give the factory better results quicker (Biaggi never will never be able to ride 4 strokes. Can't teach an old dog...), he'll probably be their last choice. They'll either chose Biaggi because he's Italian, or Xaus because he's young. Biaggi is washed up. And I'm not sure what Ducati's love afair with Xaus is all about. Bostrom to me would be a better long term prospect. No they definitely should give the ride to Bayliss. It's a shame they wont. :(

·
Registered
80 Posts
Ok, am I the only person that noticed Eric B. placed in front of his brother in both races, even though Eric is riding what alot of people call a out dated Kawasaki 4 cylinder. Ben has been riding WSB for a couple of years now, and placed where?

·
Registered
173 Posts
Geez, a lot of whining above - what's up with you people? It wasn't that long ago that we couldn't even watch a motorcycle road race on TV. Now that we often have several races on a given Sunday, you're going to complain about your perception of the quality of racing? I don't get it...

·
Registered
211 Posts
You do realize that the race they pre-empted was an AMA 600-SS race, right?... If there is a class of racing where the outcome is MORE in doubt than a typical 600-SS race, be it AMA or World, then I don't know what it is.

I imagine it's been said (didn't read all the other posts yet), but this pair of races was some of the closest racing I've seen all year. The lead must have swapped a dozen times in each race between several riders. Exactly what everyone wants! I was on the edge of my chair the whole time.

-James

·
Registered
23 Posts
Pretty hard to miss actually. Ben has consistently been bringing up the rear of the Ducatis with the exception of Hodgson... who has now passed him in points I believe. Oh yeah - Xaus is ahead of Ben when he doesn't crash.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Spain and bikes.

Xaus is an Spaniard, and there are a whole lot more riders in Spain than there are in the US.

The Spaniards are also serious, serious race fans, no matter what the type. Heavy turnout for Jerez, Valencia, etc., not to mention FIM World Rally and F1...

--The Fox

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.