·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1st! Amazing book and story..

·
Registered
956 Posts
Funny I haven't read this book. I had my Kerouac phase. I moved on. Right now I'm dealing with a carb problem relating to cold wet weather.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Uh, I gotta be honest.

Uh, I gotta be honest. I read it and didn't get squat out of it. But then again, I once watched The Three Stooges while eating and laughed so hard I shot caviar out of my nose.

Duke

·
Registered
64 Posts
I enjoyed the book both times I read it though Lila was a disappointment, both as narrative ( I also sail) and as philosopical treatise.

The original Zen taught me One Thing: all it takes is one bolt to seize and the entire repair stops until you figure out how to unseize it. It's a notion I've carried with me in all apsects of my life. Thus I am grateful to the unhappy man called Pirsig.

·
Aging Cafe` Racer
8,715 Posts
Re: Uh, I gotta be honest.

Oh fer' sure...we used to smoke Nam-weed and watch Three Stooges after school, laughed so hard we damn near stopped breathing.

Never read the book though, not really interested in some clowns angst or great pearls of wisdom. Don't give a ***** I guess.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Re: Uh, I gotta be honest.

Read it because someone on this forum said something like: "any newbie should read this - before getting into motorcycling"

When I finished the book I was wondering why someone would say that... I would not say I didn’t get squat from it – but it is not nearly as moving or informative as I would have hoped.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.