Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
The Jetbike is "the world's first motorcycle for the water" ...

They obviously never heard of the WetBike, a "motorcycle for the water" that was around many years ago (70's? 80's? I don't recall for sure).

And this new JetBike is brought to us by the same Gerry Wiegert who gave us the world's longest-running never-fully-sorted infinitesimal-production exoticar, the Vector. Gee, why should I be skeptical?

And while I'm griping, do we really need yet another vessel that makes its user believe it's not a boat and that therefore the rules of boating don't apply to it?

·
Registered
155 Posts
Re: How about a picture??

(Wonder how they got Eric Bostrom to pose on it?)

Seriously, it'll be interesting to see if this company's in existence two years from now. Not only does this thing have to prove itself to be significantly better than an average JetSki, the marketers have to offer it at a price that's tolerable. Flowery blathering about new ways to experience the environment won't help much if this thing is anything less than thrilling.

Besides, Wiegert's previous business experince doesn't bode well; he was the founder and head charlatain behind Vector Aeromotive, a genuine disaster of an exoticar company from the early '90s. (Customer testimonial: Andre Agassi bought one which almost burned itself up.) For the sake of the folks building this thing, I hope it works, but it'll be a hard sell.

·
Registered
52 Posts
This is a little off-topic, but you just gotta see their website. They have some of the cheesiest pictures I've seen in a long time there, plus some god-awful overall design. Did they do their button text with crayons, or maybe a shard of glass? I'm offended on so many different levels. :)

www.aquajet.com - if you dare

-Ollie

·
Registered
53 Posts
Anyone remember Weigert? Anyone remember the Vector W-2 "supercar" that was touted as a 240 MPH car powered by a Donavan twin turbo 350 that later was bought out and brought to "production" by a pennystock IPO about 10 years ago? Anyone remember the 20 million or so that Weigert hosed everyone for?

Well, I see all of the keywords like "Breakthrough Invention" and different than everything else, etc.

Makes you think of a Suzuki wetbike with a front jet added.

And technically, if you sell a single "Jetbike" can't that be interpeted as "Nearly selling out" that first production run? Especially if the first production run is only 2 units?

I propably should not be so negative, but as an investor in the stock market, I saw first hand Wiegert's promotional abilities, and his ability to raise capital, while dodging the issue of actually building product and selling said product.

He reminds me of the auto/motorcycle version of James Bede, a name that will be familair to all who fly airplanes.

Enjoy, and invest with caution!!! (A lot of it!)

·
Registered
67 Posts
huh?

As long as you keep putting up cheeseball schemes representing obvious investor scams (and calling this motorcycle journalism) how do you expect people to voluntarily "donate" to you grand cause...Puulleeaaasseeee....

·
Registered
4 Posts
"Due to demand, the company nearly sold out its first production run of Jetbikes and is exploring corporate and strategic partners to provide additional capital to expand production capacity beyond earlier projections."

Translation-The company was unable to sell all of the Jetbikes that it built causing great financial difficulties, therfore, they are trying to get some cash before the bank takes over.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Looks like it's got some real potential. As for you skeptics, lighten up. Skepticism is healthy as long as its also "enlightened". You guys don't have to buy one or invest in the company, but I would think that we all would wish it luck.

New technology is a good thing.

·
Registered
261 Posts

-=the marketers have to offer it at a price that's tolerable. =-

How's $13,999 grab ya? Taken from their own website...

B

·
Registered
261 Posts

Correction -

The price info is on their Order Form (D/Lable from their website)

"... The purchase price of the Jetbike

™

is $13,995 plus any applicable taxes and freight to destination. The

purchase amount to be paid in full upon buyer’s and seller’s acceptance of the purchase contract. ..."

·
Registered
11 Posts
Okay, it may be the next generation PWC, but no matter what handlebars they put on it, it isn't a bike and doesn't belong here. And my girlfriend says she'd rather read about an under-fender muffler for the SV650 so she can quit worrying about burning her leg. (Don't ask me...she said it).

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.