Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 5 of 71 Posts

· Registered
4,128 Posts
In short, the reason Americans don't lean towards nekkeds is because the manufacturers tend to market and design them for the Euro marketplace. Why? Who knows. Fact- Speed III and Monster models sell very well here. As do Suzuki SV and Yamaha FZ (Fazer) models. Most everything else (Kawasaki Z1000 comes to mind) look a little too funky for the rather conservitive American rider. Sell the big CB1300 or Suzuki B-king and I'd bet people would be good with that. But put silly looking exhaust on a Z1000 and the dealer can't give the bikes away. Go figure.

· Registered
4,128 Posts
Re: Na Na it's not that complicated.

Too simple really. I believe the market would love to see more bikes that behave like sportbikes but are comfortable like cruisers. What people want are sub $12k "NEW" V-Max style bikes. Bikes with the balls of Thor and the agility of Hermes. Only one bike comes close but is still far away from the target (v-rod). Make the Mad Max and make it handle. People will buy it.

· Registered
4,128 Posts
Sadly Coca and me no longer talk. Something along the lines of brutale heartburn. As much as I loved the stuff it is no longer a part of my life. Life goes on.......

· Registered
4,128 Posts
Re: Na Na it's not that complicated.

Out of lil ol Atl Triumph Ducati? 10-15 a month. Or about half of the monthly sales. The Daytona is at 6-10 but only because Triumph can't deliver them fast enough.

1 - 5 of 71 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.