Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
You know, if Dowco made some substantially sized saddlebags, you wouldn't have to mount aircraft clearance lights on the top of the sissybar stack. It would probably result in a lot better cg, stability, and gas mileage (less wind drag).

·
Registered
10,903 Posts
That Main Bag would be great if you were a motorcycle riding ventriloquist.

I'd put my wooden KP in it and ride to Ed's lounge.

Try the Veal! Don't forget your ****tail waitresses and bartenders!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Exactly right. That Hang 'Em High photo is an example of how NOT to pack a motorcycle - as much weight as possible as far as possible from the bike's CG. And talk about sail! Dave Hough's hair would fall out if he saw that picture. Give us large capacity saddlebags and a moderate sized tail bag.

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
OK so there is this daily need of transporting things so luggage is useful there. But what I really don´t understand is why people have this silly need of hauling stuff on a bike when they go travelling. Almost like a bunch of prissy hausfraus. When I rode 3000 km from Rio to Buenos Aires I had zero luggage. OK so I had to take a bum bag for the emergency rain pants but that was only because in Fat Boy you can´t put anything under the seat. Think minimalist.

- cruiz-euro

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
The luggage holds bandages, salves and spare chaps.

The bandages and salves are for treating the lash wounds from the handlebar tasthless (said with a lispth)

Still haven't figured out exactly what chaps are for.

·
Registered
6 Posts
This is from the Author. The three bags stacked as you see them is actually a bit shorter than my T-Bag with their Roll Bag attached. But on the VIrago, the luggage rack is much higher than racks on most bikes where it's closer to the top of the bikes fender. Also, the VIrago has a stepped seat, so it still looks tall when I've turned it around. Yet, the whole thing is remarkably stable on the road, and I haven't had any problems with it. I wouldn't want to be bombing around Deal's Gap with it, but it won't fall off, and really doesnt effect the handling of the bike that much. And if you're on a 10 day trip, you gotta have room for all your stuff.

·
Registered
6 Posts
From the Author:

The three bags stacked are actually not quite as tall as my T-Bag with Roll Bag attached. It just looks tall because the luggage rack on the Virago sits very high up. Most racks will sit a lot closer to the rear fender. And since the Virago has a stepped seat, it looks tall there as well. But it is still very stable and doesn't affect the handling too much. The heavy stuff is in the saddlebags. And when traveling solo, you don't need all three bags. I can do a 10 day trip with just the bottom 2 bags, or even just the big one and small one.

·
Registered
11,488 Posts
But where is your OTHER hand?!!!!!!!

·
Registered
11,488 Posts
"The bandages and salves are for treating the lash wounds from the handlebar tasthless (said with a lispth)"

Uh, dude........... I don't think THOSE kinds of marks are made by tassles (leastaways, not ones only 3" long......)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.