·
Banned
3,775 Posts
LOL.."Captain thered be whales"

·
MODERATOR X
5,449 Posts
Re: No more Screaming Eagle pipes?

No more screaming eagle pipe kits being produced for California anymore, went to Glendale HD and got a pipe/ecm/filter kit for the xb9, overheard a conversation about it. The counter guy said the ones in stock are selling out quick.

Get your loud pipes here, going fast...one set to a customer!

·
Registered
10,904 Posts
Ok it's working now.

All big twins 96 cubes and 6 speed trannies.

I'm kinda bummed they didn't redesign the chassis on the touring line like they did with the Dynas.

The Night Rod Special ( I can't believe I just wrote that) loooks pretty badass too.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Re: Actually pretty significant...

Hey I applaud them, it's about time they started doing some actual upgrades. No not leaking oil does not qualify as an actual upgrade, an improvement certainly. Seriously, keep it up HD, then get your pricing right, then I would consider them. The brand recognition, and heritage mean nothing to me when purchasing a motorcycle.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Re: No more Screaming Eagle pipes?

A Harley owner who can't figure out how to modify his bike with the simplest hardware store tools doesn't deserve to own one.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Re: Actually pretty significant...

1st it was the rubber mounting to the Sportster engine, now this... In 30 years they'll be liquid cooled!!! (god forbid)

·
Registered
911 Posts
Will they stop? Will they turn? Will they leak? Will they accelerate? Will the cam end bearings take a *&#&? Will they be over priced? Will the rear wheel be misaligned? On and on....

·
Registered
277 Posts
So if I understand this right, the Big Twins are going up in size so that they can deliver the same performance within more restrictive emissions regs...and the Sportster 50th anniversary special is a deliberate ploy to get people to stump up extra $$$ for 'legendary anniversary graphics' before the whole thing is rendered valueless by the 2008 sportster which has a completely new and probably water-cooled engine, if the rumours are to be believed. The Motor Company did exactly the same thing in 2003, getting the customer to buy the H-D 100th anniversary models before releasing the new rubber-mounted sportster to stiff all the suckers who'd bought the H-D 100th specials.

·
The Toad
17,461 Posts
From what I can tell most Mensa members spend their time spreading dumb ideas and links to wakced out websites.

·
The Toad
17,461 Posts
I'm still trying to figure out the purpose of a 6 speed tranny in a bike with the torque curve enjoyed by the big twins. Must be a technology for technology's sake kind of thing.

·
Registered
10,904 Posts
You're mostly right however there are times on the open road that I'd like an extra cog on the geezer glide.

ABS would have been more welcomed though.

·
Super Duper Mod Man
10,479 Posts
"and the Sportster 50th anniversary special is a deliberate ploy to get people to stump up extra $$$ for 'legendary anniversary graphics' before the whole thing is rendered valueless by the 2008 sportster which has a completely new and probably water-cooled engine"

Just like the Panhead rendered the Knuckle valueless and and the Shovel rendered the Panhead valuless and the...... I think you get the idea. Then again, maybe you don't. The Japanese make obsolete every motorycycle they ever made, and I guess you wouldn't bytch about that.

21 - 40 of 48 Posts