Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
37 Posts
Re: S4 on track and a somewhat OT question: FZ6.

I have a SV-650 and it isn't too bad at 70, though I don't stay on the freeway for long periods of time. You can buy windscreens after market anyway. And from what I understand, the Z750S and the S4 are not exactly beginner's bikes. I think the SV is a perfect beginning bike because it handles well, it is forgiving, cheap and ugly enough that you don't feel too badly after dropping it. At the same time, it can wheelie and break all sorts of laws. I say do the SV.

· Registered
37 Posts
Re: S4 on track and a somewhat OT question: FZ6.

A couple afterthoughts after the most recent threads: Don't worry about an ugly screen because the SV is pretty ugly too. I bought mine used and it had one of those big ass screens on it. It worked well, but I would prefer to be blown about than have one of those big monstrosities in front of me. How much freeway time is this buddy of yours planning on having? If he uses the bike for back road trips and commuting he doesn't need a screen at all.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.