Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
579 Posts
Shoot me now. I'm so sick of this "for the children" crap... if I read it again my eyes are gonna bleed.

You know what the best thing we could do for these places is?

Stop sending them money. All you end up doing is propping up the insane regimes who dominate.

Get over your rich american guilt. You and sally struthers are only making the problem worse.

·
Registered
3,875 Posts
Actually, the Iraqis controll their own borders right now. All American equipment and personnel movements have to be approved by the IIG. And, yes, they have said no on several occasions.

·
Registered
13 Posts
If this guy want to raise money he need go no further than Saudi Arabia and park his bike in front of the home(s) of any one of the hundred or so Saudi princes. Any one of them, or all, could give him a million $ or so and never miss it. Then he can ride through as many poor areas as he cares to giving the money to the people who need it.

Unhappily, he'll always suceed in raising money from the poor. The poor are always willing to share.

With the untold billions of dollars that has gone into the middle east there is no excuse for anyone to be uneducated, starving, homeless or subject to mindless violence.

All of the problems which are motivating this ride, and I applaud this guy's decision to try to do something, could be cured in a decade by the oil rich states of the Gulf if they simply chose to do so. Good luck to him, but I'll sign up for something closer to home.

Kevan

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
You'll have to go a long way to find a govt in this day and age that allows its citizens to practice self-defense. If people are allowed to defend themselves from criminal terrorists it might not be long before they decide to defend themselves from their own govt.

·
Registered
24 Posts
The cynicism from the MOrons is distressing. Here is a guy from a troubled region of the world trying to do his own small thing to promote a good cause and it seems many can only view it through a lens of suspicion and gross stereotypes. At least his cause is a good one. I find it heartening that this is a sign, albeit a small one, of a native Arab peace movement. If that part of the world is ever going to settle down, it ultimately has to result from an internal transformation. At face value this is a very small, but hopeful sign, and I think we should take it that way.

And come on, this is a motorcycle board, doesn't that sound like the ride of a lifetime?

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
If nothing else you gotta admit that this guy's

got a heck of a set of cojones to attempt something like this. That alone deserves some admiration.

Even if these sorts of activities don't help much, they certainly don't hurt.

And what's wrong with someone travelling around saying that we should solve differences without violence, if we can?

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.