Motorcycle Forums banner
21 - 40 of 48 Posts
Not a very scientific definition, but basically, peritonitis is the nasty infection one get's in his/her abdominal cavity from fecal material being where it don't belong (ie loose in said cavity rather than being safely incased in your intestines).

Can and frequently does kill you, and I understand it is one of the less pleasurable ways to go.

As usual this touchy-feely tidbit from the media is a little optimistic (and prima facia absurd!). In my experience getting married never leads to good fortune (unless endless call downs, financial black holes, 123 dB nagging, and attempts to destroy your truck and burn down your motorcycle shop qualify). In fact, everytime I even think of the institution of marriage I feel like I have peridonitis! Hooking Osama Bin Laden up with either of my ex's would be cruel and excessive.

This poor schmck may never have the opportunity to get past the feeling that he's got something sticking him in the guts.

sbp

I have a question for you

Now how many crashes have you had where it was your fault? Sounds like a pattern of behavior. Even sounds like your MSF scores were not high enough. Go back to school before you hurt someone.

Now thats is the funniest thing I have read today. But it could be worse you could live in the Peoples Republic of Washington where all men are looked upon in the courts as meal-tickets/sugar daddys for their exs. Is it any wonder why Washington State has more children born out of wedlock than any other state (per captia). i.e. Guys are willing to pay the child support but not the support (used to be called alimony), mortgages, car payments etc to witch or ex-girlfriend.

Re: I have a question for you

Why don't you keep the conversation light? No need for personal attacks. You are not a god either, genius boy.

97 on the riding part, 100 on the written part, by the way. Don't act like you are perfect.

Kpaul, you must be some kind of idiot. Seruzawa said his accidents were due to HIS stupidity. Most people would concur having reexamined their own past behavior with bewilderment as to how they survived.

20 years from now....

Think about this 20 years ago... "Hey dad, how did you propose to mom?" "Well son, I was riding a Harley, they were quite nimble back then, and with your mom on the back, I was dragging my knee on the ground cause I was that good, and some jerk crossed the centerline, making me wreck. Before I almost died, the ring fell out of my pocket and I couldn't not ask her. Unbelievable huh?"

Can we kick this guy off?

Good point nomad76. I am new here and probably shouldn't say this but this KPaulCook character is acting like a real jerk on this site. Can we get him kicked off for his bad behavior?

Re: Man, absolutely no sympathy

no need to make excuses for gross incompetence at the wheel. Then again if over 50% of riders (and particularly of a certain brand) can't ride worth a damn does that make it "gross" incompetence or just "customary" incompetence?

There is none, not ONE solitary reason for a bike to be still on it's wheels and be crossing the center-line and smack an object. I'll eat my hat if the guy can produce his MSF/RidersEdge completion card but this stinks to high heavan that one more 33yr old RUB (he's the Superior Court Clerk for Davidson county and GOP elected official) with absolutely no training target fixated on the truck, couldn't look around a corner to save his life, likely doesn't understand countersteering, probably didn't set his suspension for the extra load, and had little or no experience with a passenger of likewise questionable experience level.

I'm glad he's not worse off but I wrote a letter to the local paper asking them to tell him to stay the heck off bikes until he bothered to get even minimal training. He's got 2 RE sites near him so he has no excuse.

Pity the park police don't cite for "stupidity" or "operator negligence".

You are hereby invited...

..to join the MO Ignore KPaulKook Club. Membership is free and conducive to improved mental health.

As a friendly warning: DANGER engaging in exchanges and/or flamewars with Kook are likely to suck you into the notorious Kook's Universe of Circular Logic. In this universe concepts of cause and effect are nonexistent.

Before one gets too carried away about MSF scores, don't forget that every one of those idiots you see out on the highways passed their State DMV test.

Some people can memorize really well and get As on test, but never really understand what they read. There are excellent engineers who got poor grades in school. And there are terrible ones who got straight As and also Phds. I know. I work with some.

I've survive 40+ years and hundreds of thousands of miles of riding. I think that's a pretty good score. I hope everybody else here scores as well or better.

Even Kook.

solution - 'wear a helmet'.

why does a wreck on the road bring ridicule but one in personal life brings condolences and understanding? i think ridicule is tenfold more justified in the latter case because typically marriages happen slower than head-on collisions and presumably give one more of a chance to assess the situation and make some decisions. of course opportunity does not equal capability...

We all been down. It's the ones that get back up are the ones that passed the test. We had a saying in the fire service about degrees. You find them on thermometers and you know where the doctor sticks those. Nothing funnier than watching a rookie straight out of the academy. They know it all, yet know so little. Nothing replaces experience. Training gets you started, but there is so much more to learn. Hopefully you got 40 more in ya bud.

I think ever'body is missing something here. I've been to two MSF classes and both times they taught me to ride only when my head was straight- including emotional states.

I'm guessing that regardless of his training or skills, that guy was more into the romance than the riding.

21 - 40 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.