Motorcycle Forums banner

Aaaah - Ain't that sweet?

12K views 47 replies 25 participants last post by  Rude374 
#1 ·
Very lucky for Mr. Shipwreck, on both counts, she looks very nice :)

#3 ·
Depends on how thick the "accessory organic belly padding" is. Since he rides a Harley there's bound to be plenty!

Still, it would be nice if these newbie Harley guys would at least learn basic riding skills and get some experience before risking passengers lives.

"Lost control" and crossed the center lane, huh? A euphemism for incompetence is there ever was one.

#5 ·
Don't complain to much seruzawa. Turning loose these would be candidates for Darwin awards on 700 pound bikes tends to act as a modern mechanism to clean up the gene pool. The same arguement would also apply to those foolish enough to hop on the pillion behind them. VWW

#7 ·
Man, absolutely no sympathy

This guy coulda hit gravel, slipped on oil, been clipped by falling rocks, frickin' got hit in the face with a bird -- you don't know how he lost control, especially on a mountain switchback. Quit acting like you're the gods of two wheels.

And besides, we all know squids on sportbikes are more dangerous than weekend warrior crusier types, anyways! :)

#8 ·
Let's see lost control in a corner drifted over the line, hit oncoming traffic and survived. The ghost of Darwin must have been sleeping that day.

Not only is he very lucky, he's also rather irresponsible. Forgot what kind of bike he was on and endangered his Fiancee`.

Hopefully he is one of those who learns from his mistakes!!! No sympathy from me.

#9 ·
Re: Man, absolutely no sympathy

You are right and I feel duly chastised.

However I still bet it's better than even odds that it were operator error that done the deed. How do I know? Personal experience. All my crashes have been my own stupid fault. Even the one that the police investigator said I wasn't at fault on. And no one was ever harder on me after a crash than myself.

I am glad the guy survived and he'll be a much better and wiser rider from now on in any case.

#15 ·
In answer to your question,

it is lucky that he did not suffer major organ damage, but I wouldn't exactly say exceptional.

6 inches into your abdomen by a blunt object... I would worry about possible damage to intestines sure, but those tubes in your belly are also very umm..."wiggly"...

With penetration into the cavity by a foreign object like that without organ damage, the next most immediate worry of mine would be peritonitis. That could kill you.

#21 ·
Not a very scientific definition, but basically, peritonitis is the nasty infection one get's in his/her abdominal cavity from fecal material being where it don't belong (ie loose in said cavity rather than being safely incased in your intestines).

Can and frequently does kill you, and I understand it is one of the less pleasurable ways to go.

#23 ·
As usual this touchy-feely tidbit from the media is a little optimistic (and prima facia absurd!). In my experience getting married never leads to good fortune (unless endless call downs, financial black holes, 123 dB nagging, and attempts to destroy your truck and burn down your motorcycle shop qualify). In fact, everytime I even think of the institution of marriage I feel like I have peridonitis! Hooking Osama Bin Laden up with either of my ex's would be cruel and excessive.

This poor schmck may never have the opportunity to get past the feeling that he's got something sticking him in the guts.

sbp

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.