Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Correction: Men among boys.

Part of this legendary credit has to go to Jeremy Burgess. If I recall correctly, the latest issue of Sport Rider demonstrated that the M1 (like the Ducati) is actually more powerful than the RCV accelerating on the straights. The problem has been with abrubt power delivery hindering acceleration on corner exits. Rossi is a god-like rider, but he and Burgess clearly know how to work together to get the most power and tractability out of the Yamaha platform.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Mighty Max and Little Loris

I'm no Biaggi fan by any stretch of the imagination, but I have a renewed respect for him after watching the epic battle on Sunday. It's easy to tag him for whining because of his history. And sure, he tossed out a comment about his setup after the race, but then again so did Gibernau and Edwards, among many others I'm sure. The fact is that the GP guys are leather-clad gods of the apexes, and the small differences in setup or minute mental errors are sometimes the only difference between a podium and a DNF. So I'm willing to cut Max a little slack if he continues to hang around and push Rossi and this series to more thrilling finishes.

On a side note, hats off to Capirex for scoring 6th for a bike that is apparently two steps back on the development curve at the moment. As much as I'd prefer to see Bayliss rip up the field, you can't deny that the little guy can ride like stink. And right now, he's the best hope for breaking up the Yamahonda parade. Here's hoping that the desmosedici can shine at some of the faster tracks, and that the WSB guys get on track sooner rather than later.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts