Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
If you ask that question to this crowd, you already know you want to get back on a bike. When you do, book yourself to track school. You will be in a safe and controlled environment, you will always learn something, and you will get more acquainted with your new bike in a day than you would in three months on the street.

In my experience, this is the fastest, most effective, and safest way to rebuild confidence.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Re: After a Crash - Why a track school

You can go on almost anything that is in good operating condition. I saw a guy at CSS on a full dress Harley, with hard bags and topcase. By the end of the day, he was having a blast and scraping his floor boards all around the track, but that's another story ;-)

The school (notice I said track school, not track day) will help because it is designed precisely to build confidence. The confidence will come from doing the same thing better and better in a constant environment (so you are the only variable), and getting the validation/confirmation from experienced and credible instructors that you are doing it right.

I have gone to Code's CSS, Pridmore's CLASS, and Spencer's, and they are all built the same way: You start slowly, stop, analyze what you have done, decide what you are going to do better, then you go back and do it better. Repeat 5 or 6 times, and by the end of the day, you are going much faster without ever pushing yourself, because you feel confident and in control of your bike. At least for me, it works wonders - so well that I try to do 1 or 2 days each year, just to keep in shape.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts