Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
For me, the second worst part is the way the accident replays itself in my mind. I keep seeing that car coming right at me, and I have nowhere to go. Rock to the left, drop-off to the right...

The worst thing? The look my four year old girl gave me when I got home the next day, with my arm in a jiffy splint. That memory just tears me apart.

When my arm, my wrist in particular, healed up I sat my wife down and asked her, "No sh1t, what do you think about me getting another bike?". She told me she wasn't crazy about me going out and (possibly) getting hurt, and she was still a little miffed at how I'd set myself up for a crash by riding the Dragon (IHHO). "But," she said, "You've been riding since we met, and I know how much you love it." She told me to get a bike if that's what I wanted.

My first ride was pretty normal, and the local traffic was just as screwy as it has always been. I've put 650 local (break-in) miles on my new bike, and I guess I'm back to "normal".

I do admit, though, that I'm now a little more leery of oncoming traffic when I'm on a left hand sweeper.

My advice? It's up to you to decide whether to get back on that horse. As a buddy told me, "It is all a matter of Risk Management." You know, especially now, that it is possible you will be in a crash. It's your call whether it is worth it.

Being in the wind, for me, makes it worth the risk.

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
Re: How about a Dual-Sport?

Yeah, but unless he is an NBA player, he'll need a stepstool to get on and off the KTM. That seat is WAY up there!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts