Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
No. No. No. This is wrong on SO many levels. It's just another system that will be required on bikes, and will be required to be serviced by "certified techs" so that it's purported use will remain effective. That all means the motorcyclist pays more $$ to ride. And what of the software? If it crashes or the sensors go out of whack, the system itself could be a hazard, not a help.

Meanwhile, the cage-drivers are still clobbering bikes they didn't see, and people will be getting into WORSE injuries because they stayed ON the bike, or in general proximity, and got slammed around in the ensuing mess.

If someone's going to pour research into this sort of 'safety equipment", better to look into parachutes and ejection-style seats. The road isn't at all forgiving, but at least she's predictable.

Keep it real! Invest money in driver education, more stringent skill and vision tests for drivers, and laws that make criminal vehicular assault charges applicable to car vs motorcycle accidents. We all train and practice how to get out of trouble. Time for the car drivers to train and practice how to STAY out of trouble.

Systems such as this only exist to make the mechanics, the politicians, and the insurance companies happy. And yes, Ralph Nader can kiss my kabootie on this too. HE doesn't ride, therefore has no effin clue. [rant mode cancel]

·
Registered
5 Posts
Re: You Took My Rant

Sorry man, I tried to suppress it, but I couldn't hold back. :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts