Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
You Took My Rant

Well, just when I felt a rant coming on, somebody has the same rant...

Airbags in a suit are a fine idea. I would happily buy a suit with an airbag to supplement the armor and full face helmet that I already wear every day.

Airbags on a bike are just plain stupid. The last place I want to be is trapped on a bike as it cartwheels across the next quarter mile. Think about the idiotic leg protectors that got shot down in Britian. OK, you get fewer leg injuries but a LOT more head and neck injuries. Which would YOU prefer? I will keep my head and neck, thanks.

Wearing a seat belt in a cage makes sense- you are in a CAGE! Weight and complexit are enemies of motorcycle maneuverability.

I can't even tell you how many times I have escaped accidents by swerving, accelerating, braking, or some combination of the three. Tell me how an airbag would help that! What would an airbag do as you flew over the handlebars, except maybe throw you further?

·
Registered
238 Posts
Sharp safety equipment

Maybe there could be an alternate to the airbag- a spear that pokes out of the steering column when it detects driver inattention.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts