Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
I was invited to go along with some dudes to Algona, but I turned them down. I'd rather ride for three days than drink for three days. That and with my Concours I don't really fit in anyway. :p

·
Registered
24 Posts
Algona? Are they going to Algona, Iowa? Just outside of Des Moines. There isn't a twisty road anywhere near there. How boring would it be to go to a rally and hang out at the HyVee. It's a nice new store but damn it is still a grocery store!

If this isn't near Des Moines forget I wrote this.

·
Registered
157 Posts
No, it's not near Des Moines, but there aren't a lot of twisty roads in Iowa in general. Plenty of Harleyweisers here though...

·
Registered
24 Posts
I'm OK with Iowa. I'm in the Quad Cities. NE Iowa has some great roads. The Moto Guzzi folks are having a rally in Elkader. Nice roads up there.

OK I mapquested Algona. Not even close to where I was thinking. My apologies to Algona thinking it was Ankeny.

Move along nothing to see here!

·
Registered
87 Posts
I am thinking you were thinking of Altoona, which is east of Des Moines, and has that mighty amusement park and horse racing track. Well, it did the last time i was by there, which was in 1995.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Everytime I go by that amusement park it seems to get bigger and bigger. New hotel near the race track, more buildings. I'm amazed that place is still around. Coming from central Florida. I'm used to the Disney style of theme parks.

I'm always tickled by the Zig-Zag-Zug shriner building that sits on 80 between the road and the amusement park. Don't know why I find it funny!

·
Registered
157 Posts
There are a lot of odd things out here. It's kind of parochial. 6 flags it ain't though.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.