Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
GO electric!

I agree. I commute home at 2am regularly in the low 30s in the winter. I have tried all sorts of things, but there is nothing like heated clothing. Once you try it you will wonder why you suffered all those years. I have found that with the Gerbing electric jacket liner and some polypropelyene thermals I can ride comfortably down to about 25 degrees with regular non perforated gloves. As someone mentioned above if the core body temp stays up, the hands will be warm because the body is not shunting warm blood away from the extremities to maintain core body temp. I tried the gerbing glove liners but didnt need them...maybe someone in MN or something might, but it never gets below 15-20 degrees where I live. Also you need to check the power output of the charging system on your bike. Gerbings was helpful...I just called and they told me what my bikes output was and recommended what to get based on how much power I had available. Very helpful and knowledgeable people. I had no problem returning the glove liners...they didnt even ask why. I never used widder, but Gerbings has excellent customer service.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.