Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its pretty simple...I'm piggly. I'm 5'8 240lb but I'm young and looking for my first bike. I need someone to tell me am I too fat for a sportster or not? I don't wanna look like a mastiff f'n a weiner dog like I have heard.

·
Registered
323 Posts
To make the bike fit better, you can get a wider aftermarket seat that will fit your butt better (something like the Mustang Vintage Wide Seats).

I don't think any motorcycle is going to make you look "thin", but bikes that have really wide back tires/fenders would probably be more proportional. However, if this is going to be your first motorcycle, I would suggest you not worry too much about looks...most important is that you are comfortable and have a bike that is easy to learn on.

·
The Toad
17,461 Posts
Only stupid people or people with little bike experience think a Sportster is a girl's bike or it's slow. I know that times have changed but at one time the Sportster was the fastest motorcycle around. Everything got faster but a Sporty is still faster than most cars and will kill you pretty quick.

Who cares what a buncha losers think anyhow?

·
Aging Cafe` Racer
8,719 Posts
Ditto, Sportsters are fun bikes, specially more performance oriented ones like the older 1200 Sport or the 1200 Roadster. If that's what you want then get one, it's your money and your bike.

·
Registered
7,118 Posts
5'8" and 240? That's about normal for an Modern American. Almost dainty...

The Schporschter has a lot of torque, which helps accelerate large quantities of ass. Plus, you can get a low seat, which will help. Your X-Large legs will go wider than a skinny guy's, which has the same effect as having a taller bike.

Go for it!

·
Registered
4,129 Posts
Dude- put a fatbob tank on it and everyone will think you're on a Dyna.
I'm 260 and would ride the 48 in a heartbeat.

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
260!

The recent versions of the Sporty are getting to where they are damn near the size of the old FXR.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
one more question...whats the deal with the 02-03 huggers? I am just not sure what that model is or what it means. I found one for sale for a good price but it is an 883. I have gotten so much good feedback already I figured i misewell ask this too.

·
Registered
4,129 Posts
Kirk is a fun guy to walk into Bike Week bars with. You can hit on other guy's chicks, flick cigar ashes in people's food...hurl in somebody's baby carriage. No worries with Kirk at your back!
THANKS, MY BROTHER!

·
Registered
7,118 Posts
one more question...whats the deal with the 02-03 huggers? I am just not sure what that model is or what it means. I found one for sale for a good price but it is an 883. I have gotten so much good feedback already I figured i misewell ask this too.
"Hugger" is just a short-lived Sporty model like the current "Sporyster 48." IIRC, it started with an 883 Low and threw in a few jimcracks from the parts bin.

·
Registered
8 Posts
You Can Look Smart

Its pretty simple...I'm piggly. I'm 5'8 240lb but I'm young and looking for my first bike. I need someone to tell me am I too fat for a sportster or not? I don't wanna look like a mastiff f'n a weiner dog like I have heard.
Hey Bro!!!!!!! I think if any one gets cool dressing then he can look younger and smart so you have to pay attention on your suit may be in market you can't find suit that fits on you...But i know the place where you order suit that fits on you mean custom fit suits....I am dam sure if you get best fit and stylish suit you must look handsome and smarter..You should try..

here is the link of site who made custom made products as per customer demand

Motorcycle Clothing|Fashion Clothing|Leather Accessories|Sex Products|

·
Aging Cafe` Racer
8,719 Posts
Hey Bro!!!!!!! I think if any one gets cool dressing then he can look younger and smart so you have to pay attention on your suit may be in market you can't find suit that fits on you...But i know the place where you order suit that fits on you mean custom fit suits....I am dam sure if you get best fit and stylish suit you must look handsome and smarter..You should try..

here is the link of site who made custom made products as per customer demand

Motorcycle Clothing|Fashion Clothing|Leather Accessories|Sex Products|
**************First, Last and only warning Bub.************Don't come on here trying to sell your garbage.

·
Registered
11,491 Posts
He made a speeling mistake too!
Oh, then we should go to his house, and beat him with a ballbat that has the corrected spelling of the word painted on it in 3" Red Letters.

Bet it never happens again.........

·
Aging Cafe` Racer
8,719 Posts
The speeling mistake is what did it . Low quality leather goods, fashion clothing and sex products are fine in the vendor section but we expect erudite and concise prose in our postings here........

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.