Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
To make the bike fit better, you can get a wider aftermarket seat that will fit your butt better (something like the Mustang Vintage Wide Seats).

I don't think any motorcycle is going to make you look "thin", but bikes that have really wide back tires/fenders would probably be more proportional. However, if this is going to be your first motorcycle, I would suggest you not worry too much about looks...most important is that you are comfortable and have a bike that is easy to learn on.

·
Registered
323 Posts
one more question...whats the deal with the 02-03 huggers? I am just not sure what that model is or what it means. I found one for sale for a good price but it is an 883. I have gotten so much good feedback already I figured i misewell ask this too.
As said above, the 883 Hugger was a lowered version on the sportster, equivalent to the newer 883 Low. IIRC, it was the entry-level model with a solo seat and no frills.

I would steer clear of the "low" bikes unless you are short and can't reach the ground on a normal motorcycle. Lowered suspension = less suspension travel = harsh ride.

P.S. the good thing about the 883cc Sportster is it is easily upgradable to 1200cc. Harley sells a kit with everything needed for the conversion.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts