Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7,118 Posts
5'8" and 240? That's about normal for an Modern American. Almost dainty...

The Schporschter has a lot of torque, which helps accelerate large quantities of ass. Plus, you can get a low seat, which will help. Your X-Large legs will go wider than a skinny guy's, which has the same effect as having a taller bike.

Go for it!

·
Registered
7,118 Posts
one more question...whats the deal with the 02-03 huggers? I am just not sure what that model is or what it means. I found one for sale for a good price but it is an 883. I have gotten so much good feedback already I figured i misewell ask this too.
"Hugger" is just a short-lived Sporty model like the current "Sporyster 48." IIRC, it started with an 883 Low and threw in a few jimcracks from the parts bin.

·
Registered
7,118 Posts
Same with my exhaust, granted you could use it for an anchor on a battle ship but with a 300+ lb mutant riding it whats the point?
Funny you should mention that. I put my new 2Bros M5 V.A.L.E. carbon-fiber with Magnesium...(the secret ingredient that makes a man a P-O-W-E-R H-O-U-S-E in Bed!) on the Vee. The OEM exhaust, just the cans and pipes to the cat, mind you, easily weigh 50 pounds. Might be 60. The 2Bros M5 V.A.L.E. carbon-fiber with Magnesium...(the secret ingredient that makes a man a P-O-W-E-R H-O-U-S-E in Bed!) system might weigh 8 lbs total. It's like having the kid hop off the passenger seat.

It's enough of a difference that even I can detect it. Much snappier acceleration, quicker turning.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts