Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Re: AMA Analyzing Court Decision That Blocks ''Roadless'' Plan.

1st!

·
Registered
640 Posts

You are a dumbass/Your personal liberties have nothing to do with ruining the environment. Maybe we should come do donuts on your lawn in front of your doublewide. You should have no problem with that since you certainly wouldn't want to infringe on everyones personal liberties.

·
Registered
911 Posts

The problem here is not only the Republicans, but also the Democrats, and the irresponsible land users as well. The democrats want to close everything so that "future generations can enjoy it", the republicans want to use and abuse it , keep it open for the people and in the name of freedom, develop, mine, pollute and in general destroy everything, and the irresponsible users blaze trails, use loud exhaust systems to terrorize wild life as well as other users, trash pristine areas and give the democrats more ammo in their over zealous fight to close it all!

And that leaves the rest of us, the people who really care for the land, the animals and the environment to try and find a balance and compromise so that it can stay open, so that it can be enjoyed and cherised, so that we can keep the a$$holes at bay and in the end be able to ride and explore, camp, love and enjoy nature.

What we need to do is to come up with some very stiff rules and penalties for those who brake them, we need to patrol ourselves and turn the law brakers in. And last but not least, we need to work with the Forestry Service, local goverment and yes, as much as I hate to say it, with local politicians (same as above) , so that we can keep our lands and our riding, camping and exploring rights, alive and well.

What kind of a free country would we be if we could not go out and enjoy the great outdoors, think about it!

·
Registered
52 Posts

I ride on road. I ride off road. Hmmm....guess that means I have a dual sport. Correctomundo. And anyone who thinks we don't have enough forest roads, trails, etc. to get yourself dirty is a friggin' moron who can't read a topo map. I'm actually fed up with all the ATV's that are ruining my favorites trails. And the answer is NOT to build more roads through the wilderness. Camping, hiking, hunting, and fishing in peace are a hell of a lot more important than building more dirt roads for riding. I say damn straight you control bikes (and all the other machines) in the wilderness - it's getting too damn noisy and dusty. Can't hear my own noise anymore.

There, I said it. Now flame on.

·
Registered
1,521 Posts

I agree and I disagree. Its a balancing act between "saving the environment" and "freedom of the man", both worthy causes.

In Finland we resolved this in the most dumb-ass manner by ruling illegal any motor activity outside designated roadways. This is one of the stupidest laws we have (and the competition in this category is fierce I tell ya). Surely we have vast pristine areas that need to be protected from any motoring use. But similarily we have a lot of ho-hum average wasteland where anybody could ride a XR 250 with no harm to nobody and his dog.

- cruiz-euro

·
Registered
911 Posts

I agree with you 100% on the ATV side, they (ATV's) have allowed a bunch of newbies, with no skills, no love for the outdoors and no lasting interest in the sport to come in and ruin it for the rest of us, they are the majority of the people I was talking about in the above entry. I wish they would just go away, along with a bunch of liberal californians.

·
Registered
3,875 Posts

There's no denying that the proliferation of ATV's (not off-road motorcycles) has horribly skewed this question. As Super Hunky said "The best thing about ATVs is, any idiot can ride one. The worst thing about ATVs is, any idot can ride one."

I believe the skillset required to ride a motorcycle off-road used to keep the real morons out of the woods and wilderness. Now, they no longer have that impediment.

We all lose.

·
Banned
3,775 Posts
Ok you Fox News fans time to get your facts straight

1. National Environmental Protection Act became law during the Nixon Administration in 1969.

2. Bush's plan violated provisions in that act i.e the vilotated the law (sound familiar)

3. Clinton's plan respected the act i.e. obeyed the law.

It's that simple. So GPTB quit reading any more into it.

·
Banned
3,775 Posts

Your are totally wrong did you read the article?

·
Registered
911 Posts
Re: Ok you Fox News fans time to get your facts straight

So you stay on your street bike and never mind what they do on our public lands, you liberal piece of crap! I hope they ban you again.

·
Registered
10,903 Posts

I just returned from a ski weekend on the Colorado River and it's the same thing with the PWCs.

Generally (not always) when a person buys a boat he takes the time to learn the rules of boating. PWCers (also known as river maggots), are constantly the most unsafe element on the water.

On the plus side, the cops spend all day writing tickets to the river maggots and pretty much ignore the boats.

·
Banned
3,775 Posts
Re: Ok you Fox News fans time to get your facts straight

I am not a liberal...If Bush doesn't agree with the law then they need to change the law not disobey it. That simple.

·
Registered
35 Posts

The problem that we have is same as it has always been and that is that a few people ruin it for eveybody.I have ridden dirt bikes for more than 40 years and have always been respectful of other users of trails and off roaders, however my wife and I have been hiking on trails and had dirt bikers fly by us throwing dirt and gravel all over evrybody and with out slowing make everyone scamble to get out of their way. From non motorcyclists point of view you can only guess as to the type of reaction.

·
Registered
10,903 Posts
Professor skimmer puts foot in mouth again

"Six different federal judges have ruled on this issue, three siding with the Clinton administration approach, and three siding with the Bush administration, leaving many people to believe the issue will ultimately go to the U.S. Supreme Court."

It would be amazing if you could make it through one sentence without going into default mode.

Broken records are more original than you.

·
Registered
911 Posts

That is why we need stiff rules and regulations, if we allow the $hit heads to get away with out of control behavior we all loose.

Lets get some strong laws passed, very stiff fines imposed, self patroling going, and the $hit heads wil learn!

·
Registered
11,488 Posts

This is America! It's a $hithead's God-Given RIGHT not to learn, and to take us all down with them!

Right?

-Scott

(TPTB - not just a client, I'm also the President!)

·
Banned
3,775 Posts
Really? Don't think so .

"In the. latest ruling, U.S. Magistrate Judge Elizabeth LaPorte, in a 53-page decision issued September 20, ruled that the Bush administration's rule that allows state governors to petition the federal government to suggest how roadless areas in their states should be managed violates the National Environmental Policy Act and the Endangered Species Act. The judge said the Bush plan fails to adequately analyze the removal of environmental and endangered species protections that were provided by the earlier Clinton plan."

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.