Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
While we MOrons are arguing amongst ourselves about helmet laws, well funded totalitarians types like the Sierra Club are working to ban our off-road opportunities. Now we see displacement limits being proposed.

Many of you here should love this. It will reduce the cost of public burden.

The rest of you should join the AMA or ATVA or both.

·
MODERATOR X
5,449 Posts
Since most ATVs handle like a wheelbarrow full of bowling balls going down a flight of stairs, I think the engine size should be limited to 49cc's or less.

Seatbelts, roll cages and ejection seats should all be mandatory items. Riders (drivers?) of these ill-handling pigs should be forced to wear bright orange t-shirts that say "I'm with stupid".

Barring that ATVs should all be melted down. Have you ever got stuck behind one, as it tank-slaps down a narrow dusty trail?

For the good of mankind BAN THE ATV!

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
Since most motorcycles handle like a tipsy bicycle carrying a duffel bag full of lead bricks at low speeds I think the engine size should be limited to 49cc's or less.

Helmets, seat belts and air bags should all be mandatory items. Riders of these ill-handling pigs should be forced to wear bright orange jackets and pants that say "I am irresponsible."

Barring that motorcycles should all be melted down. Have you ever been passed by one, as the rider wheelies it down the freeway?

For the good of mankind BAN THE MOTORCYCLE!

·
MODERATOR X
5,449 Posts
Very good. I like that!

·
Registered
216 Posts
I find it quite humerous that a group of people that is looked down on by a large amount of the non-riding public would react this way to a recreational activity that is so similar to what we enjoy. This is as bad as the cruiser V.S. sportbike argument. All you ATV bashers get with it, we're next.

·
MODERATOR X
5,449 Posts
Jeez, I was just kidding...

·
Registered
320 Posts
I was once pulled over and cited for not wearing my helmet. While the cop was writing my ticket a 14 year old kid came blasting past us on an atv with no safety equipment or even shoes (legal in georgia).

The cop tore up my ticket.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.