Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really liked this quote "We are not after your average Harley or Honda riders," Sartain said. "They are not the guys who are being stupid."

That being said I'm finding this more and more out here in Arizona where my fav weekend sport bike roads are being patroled more and more. Was nice to find out if you go on the weekend there is no coverage at all.

·
Registered
23 Posts
bigdx, are you saying that all who watch a motorcycle race are inbred? I assume that you don't watch racing, or you are inbred also. Surely you are not knocking the people of AL. The Barber facility and museum are of highest caliber. The track and facilities are immaculate, I know because I was there last year and live in Bama. I would have attended this year, but my cousin, well, she couldn't get off from her job at the chicken plant today.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Well, Honda HAS slipped from where they were a few years back. They used to make really innovative cool bikes that you would lust over. Now they're just another big 4 clone.

·
Registered
409 Posts
You all ought to see I-20 in Alabama after the NASCAR races, holy crap! The Auburn-Alabama football weekend is just as insane. Alabama State Patrol are used to idiots who think they are racers, or sports gods, or just plain stupid. That road is also known as the Birmingham-Atlanta Speedway...face it, this is just another money making opportunity provided by Darwin Award eligibiles for the State of Alabama...they have a lot of them...

·
Registered
28 Posts
I live in northeast Alabama, and i gotta say that I have driven/ridden all over the US, Canada, and most of western Europe and I have never, ever seen as bad drivers as here in Jackson county. But they're friendly; the common practice is after they almost run you off the road, they wave and smile. Had this happen to me just the other day. Guy was noodling around with his cell phone and coming at me head-on in my lane. By the time he realized he was gonna flatten me with his F-150, I was already one hair from taking the ditch. Waved and smiled big as you please.

Also, if you see a car with a turn signal on, it's probably broken and has been blinking since they bought the car!!!

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
Not as funny as all those drones wearing suits and ties who think they are hot sportscar drivers because they saw a commercial and went out bought a BMW or an Audi.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Back in the 80's we used to hang out at "Broadway Bob's Great Lakes Dragway" in Union Grove, WI quite a bit for all sorts of racing. All Harley drags and various car shows/bracket racing. Without fail you'd always see "nimrods" doing burnouts down the service road..... leaving the track. We used to joke: "Everyone's a racer at Broadway Bob's Great Lakes Dragway!" But this happens everywhere....Nimrods!!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.