Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Administrator
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Original Article:
AMA Daytona Sportbike Fontana results

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article AMA Daytona Sportbike Fontana results in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.

·
Registered
4,129 Posts
If he wins in ATL expect weight to be added. On the other side of that win- HACKER! I'm disappointed in your lack of sportsmanship. It was rude and disrespectful. First and foremost, you are a Professional. Act like it.

·
The Toad
17,461 Posts
Well just goes to show you if you give the Harleys that much of cc" advantage, they can actually win. Good job Eslick! Glad to see him doing well.
Don't worry. They'll cook the rules to even things out. They usually do.

At least every bike in the series doesn't have the exact same bore and stroke any more. Some of us can actually stay awake now.

·
Registered
4,129 Posts
It's on OTT. But the offensive language part was actually off tape. The room still had media in it, however. From what a buddy said Hacker had his drawers in a bunch for two days because he knew they were down on speed to the Buell. Like I said, I like the guy, but it rules is rules. Do something dumb and expect fines. Do something really dumb and expect to sit.

·
Registered
591 Posts
I usually get everything wrong and I have nothing to base anything on other than the official AMA release, but... I like firey competitors. I want to thank DMG, my mom, ........ What is going to be done to those who didn't attend the manditory autograph sessions, quartering? Let the sponsors and fans response guide the actions of the racers. Like I said I usually get it wrong. With the great coverage for the race who even knew there was foul language used other than the DMG/AMA. Sure wasn't able to watch it on the net. Ain't got no TV:p I'll go check out OTT.

Hmmm, can't open OTT. It's a conspiracy I tell ya! Where the aluminum foil?

·
Banned
69 Posts
It's on OTT. But the offensive language part was actually off tape. The room still had media in it, however. From what a buddy said Hacker had his drawers in a bunch for two days because he knew they were down on speed to the Buell. Like I said, I like the guy, but it rules is rules. Do something dumb and expect fines. Do something really dumb and expect to sit.
Understand but it's a joke racing a 600 against an 1125 V-Twin. The new Buell isn't like the old Buell built engined bikes. The new Buell is much better though a GSXR 750 would probably smoke it. The AMA classes suck this year and Hacking has a great bike that would win SS in prior years. I understand and appreciate his frustration. Hacking is usually a class act but I suspect he hit his limit. Everyone has a limit of crap they can handle. The AMA rules are just stupid.. AMA should follow World Superbike and World Supersport rules. That's what BSB does and works well.

Check out this poll: Soup :: SouperPoll

·
Registered
4,129 Posts
I don't have a problem with the different cc sizes, but if you're going to do it then add weight to the bigger cc bikes. It's the only way to keep parody.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I'm just confused as to why Buell is racing their 1100cc liquid cooled V-twin with 150ish HP against 600's while Ducati is racing their 1100cc liquid cooled V-twin with 150ish HP against 1000's. If one manufacturer can handle racing against the Superbikes, why can't the other?

·
Premium Member
3,994 Posts
Great point one I'v pondering myself. After viewing the OTT interview perhaps this was DMG's thought all along piss off as many riders as you can so you can get some drama going then everyone will buy tickets? It'll be just like a soap-opera. Funny stuff.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see Buell succeed, just don't do it by picking on the little guy. It'd be like watching the Lesnar-Couture fight...the big guy is going to win that most of the time.

·
Premium Member
3,994 Posts
From Hackings perspective:

If I fought Mike Tyson while he was in hand cuffs and I had a baseball bat, that would be fair, right? As long as we weighed the same. He would be a sore looser if he complained, right? It doesn't matter how it happens as long as we weigh the same and I get to win for the first time, ever. Except when I fight myself, of course. Heheheh

·
The Toad
17,461 Posts
Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see Buell succeed, just don't do it by picking on the little guy. It'd be like watching the Lesnar-Couture fight...the big guy is going to win that most of the time.
Since when is Kawasaki the "little guy"?

·
Banned
69 Posts
Since when is Kawasaki the "little guy"?
When the little guy (Kawasaki) is only 600 cc and the big guy (Buell) is 1125cc (a 525cc advantage or a 88% advantage in displacement) . That's almost twice as much. At least Ducati only gets a 200 cc advantage in AMA and World Super bike. This whole Daytona class is a joke. I don't think Buell will play this up too much in their advertising cause its an embarrassment

·
Registered
4,129 Posts
Here's the deal. The 4 cyl 600s are about 360lbs and can achieve about 130rwhp with regularity. If the heavier Buell is putting about the same rwhp to the ground or slightly more- yet, weighs more then the power to weight (less the rider) is virtually the same. Really, I'm suprised that the 1125 was allowed. I thought the intent was to get the XB into the race. Air-cooled 1200 cc bikes vs water-cooled 3 & 4 cylinder are what we saw last year in FX. That seems a bit "fair-er". I guess with the KTM, BMW, Aprilia and Ducati (not so much this year for this class) trying to angle into the starting grid DMG decided that the 1125 should be as elegible as any other twin.
Me- I'd rather see the old FX rules with the new Daytona name. Let them build 600 cc Superbikes and have at it. The Ducati 848 was a good FX bike. The Triumph Daytona 675 is a great bike, too. They just need a real team. Put water-cooled 600 fours, 675 triples, 1000 cc twins and air-cooled 1200-1340 out there add weight to the twins & triples - and we're off to the races. Allowing the water-cooled 1100-1200 bikes to compete against 600s without adding weight to the twins is not a competitive race scheme.
Last thing we need is for the Hacker to race an eniter season pissed off.

·
Registered
11,491 Posts
When the little guy (Kawasaki) is only 600 cc and the big guy (Buell) is 1125cc (a 525cc advantage or a 88% advantage in displacement) . That's almost twice as much. At least Ducati only gets a 200 cc advantage in AMA and World Super bike. This whole Daytona class is a joke. I don't think Buell will play this up too much in their advertising cause its an embarrassment
It's only an 87.6% displacement advantage, thankyouverymuch.

And besides - I thought them thar Bools wit' th' radiator-thingies only made about 145hp, wit' the lighter, free-er-rev'n' Kwacker knockin' on 130.........

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.