Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
69 Posts
It's on OTT. But the offensive language part was actually off tape. The room still had media in it, however. From what a buddy said Hacker had his drawers in a bunch for two days because he knew they were down on speed to the Buell. Like I said, I like the guy, but it rules is rules. Do something dumb and expect fines. Do something really dumb and expect to sit.
Understand but it's a joke racing a 600 against an 1125 V-Twin. The new Buell isn't like the old Buell built engined bikes. The new Buell is much better though a GSXR 750 would probably smoke it. The AMA classes suck this year and Hacking has a great bike that would win SS in prior years. I understand and appreciate his frustration. Hacking is usually a class act but I suspect he hit his limit. Everyone has a limit of crap they can handle. The AMA rules are just stupid.. AMA should follow World Superbike and World Supersport rules. That's what BSB does and works well.

Check out this poll: Soup :: SouperPoll

·
Banned
69 Posts
Since when is Kawasaki the "little guy"?
When the little guy (Kawasaki) is only 600 cc and the big guy (Buell) is 1125cc (a 525cc advantage or a 88% advantage in displacement) . That's almost twice as much. At least Ducati only gets a 200 cc advantage in AMA and World Super bike. This whole Daytona class is a joke. I don't think Buell will play this up too much in their advertising cause its an embarrassment

·
Banned
69 Posts
Too much whining. This is a brand new series and there are bound to be some teething problems.

The big4 have had it their way for so many years that they don't know how to handle being no longer top dog. Sort of like the Democrats. All that whining and moaning and insults because they aren't guaranteed the podium.

There's no divine edict that requires racing classes be determined by displacement. Personally I'd prefer hp and weight requirements and to hell with engine configuration. Anything to add spice to a series where all the bikes have exactly the same bore and stroke.

As Quado said, "Open your mind..... open your mind... open your mind...."
Perhaps you right. You make a great point and you caught me being too much of a traditionalist. However, I liked the close racing that happened in the past in the Supersport class and didn't think it needed tweaking or in this case changing it to a preschool racing class. Three classes would be best I think: Traditional Supersport (600cc inline 4, 675 triple and 848 liquid cooled twins), Superbike (1000 inline 4 and 1200 twin) and an open class where anything goes turbo 600s, rotarys, jet turbines, 2000 cc Harley's, etc. or a strict power to weight ratio class where anything went.

·
Banned
69 Posts
6 posts n out

Girlfriend: Correct
Honda: Incorrect New Red Ninja
Horses: Correct
Yep 2 out of 3 ain't bad Bar :p
6 posts and I'm banned :eek:
My work is done here . Notice the view count went up and up.. when there was someone arguing back. :)

·
Banned
69 Posts
One word for you

"I feel awful for you, that you have no life."

Actually, he has a lot of lives. He makes up a new one almost every day.
LOL Good point my life is complicated because of that. Last word on the Buell taking on the mighty 600s. Torque. You can't really compare power to weight ratios as say you really need to compare Torque to weight ratios This is where the Buell's torque kills the little inline 4s I am sure a GSXR 750 could smoke the Buell any time anywhere. The Buell is really a bully taking on the little 600s The 600s big brothers 1000s have no problem with the Buell in Superbike

·
Banned
69 Posts
Buell Propagana Machine At Work: David Topples Goliath as Buell Racer Beats Japan's B

David Topples Goliath as Buell Racer Beats Japan's Best
"Summary
In a landmark result, 22-year-old privateer racer Danny Eslick rode his American-made Buell 1125R to twin victories against an onslaught of Japanese motorcycles in AMA Pro Racing's Daytona SportBike class doubleheader at AutoClub Speedway in Fontana, California. The wins ended a 40-year absence of an American brand motorcycle at the top of the podium in an AMA Pro Racing premiere class. Based in East Troy, Wisconsin, Buell Motorcycle Company employs about 200 people, making it much smaller than its foreign competitors." David Topples Goliath as Buell Racer Beats Japan’s Best - Buell Motorcycles USA - pitchengine.com

·
Banned
69 Posts
Torque considered?

Gabe- I pirated this to prove you are on the AMA case.
Thanks- Kirk

MD: Why is the Buell 1125R given such a large displacement advantage over other models (i.e. Inline-Fours, Triples and other Twins)? How do you respond to criticism that Buell somehow has undue influence over class structure and rules?

OD: The Daytona SportBike class is designed to allow the participation of a variety of two, three and four-cylinder machines of different designs. This eclectic assembly of motorcycles is consistent with the makeup of the class (which ran in past years under the name of Formula Xtreme, which allowed for machines ranging from 550cc four-valve, liquid cooled, four cylinder bikes to 1350cc two-valve, twin cylinder air cooled bikes). Daytona SportBike allows for a similar mix of equipment that is based on weight and performance characteristics that allow for balanced competition among a large and varying range of motorcycle designs.

Dynamometer, top speed, radar and weight testing has been conducted for all of the machines that are approved for competition in Daytona SportBike, and our experience over the first three races in 2009 has confirmed to us that we have been able to provide exciting competition among a diverse assembly of machines on a level playing field. The results from this past weekend have as many as six different brands of motorcycles in the top eight finishing positions

While anyone can criticize the classification of machinery for the Daytona SportBike class, AMA Pro Racing can assure any critics that all manufactures have been consulted during the development of the Daytona SportBike rules for competition and that no manufacturer has tried to exert "undue influence" during the development of these rules. No such action occurred and none would be tolerated.

The Daytona SportBike results speak for themselves. If one looks at the average times of the fastest laps, for the top two finishing machines from each of the brands competing in the event this past weekend at Fontana, the results indicate that the winning brand falls behind at least three other brands in performance.
Right the Japanese are given a grim choice compete against the Torque laden Buell or go home. Torque is what wins road races not horsepower. The inline 4s may be able to match in power/weight ratios but inline 4s can't make up the torque/weight advantage

·
Banned
69 Posts
Check out the Torque numbers of a 1000cc inline 4s vs any V-Twin. The 1000cc inline 4 has good competitive torque numbers and superior top end hp.
But a 600cc machine has inferior torque numbers and only just competitive top end hp vs the huge 1125 V-Twin.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts