Motorcycle Forums banner
41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
4,129 Posts
If torque is winning races then why is it that the 600s stomped the 848 last year in FX. Larry's got the chops and the bike. The top-end straight speed of the 600s was better than that of the 848. Larry finished well, but the 600s had his ticket. The Aprilia is down on speed to the 600s in the current format. I'd imagine that if someone rode the KTM SuperDuke they'd be in the same boat as the Aprilia. I believe that the Buell weighs more than both the Euro brands. Torque equates to drive off corners, yes. But I don't believe that torque wins races. If that were the case then in WSBK the Ducatis would still have a huge advantage. Yet, the Yamahas and Suzukis are running better splits. And Ben has managed to put the Yamaha on the Top box 3 of 4 races.

·
Banned
69 Posts
Check out the Torque numbers of a 1000cc inline 4s vs any V-Twin. The 1000cc inline 4 has good competitive torque numbers and superior top end hp.
But a 600cc machine has inferior torque numbers and only just competitive top end hp vs the huge 1125 V-Twin.

·
Registered
11,491 Posts
Check out the Torque numbers of a 1000cc inline 4s vs any V-Twin. The 1000cc inline 4 has good competitive torque numbers and superior top end hp.
But a 600cc machine has inferior torque numbers and only just competitive top end hp vs the huge 1125 V-Twin.
Well, as you've yet to learn how to ride any of those, your use of "Facts and Data" does not compute.

What about God's Own engine configuration glorified in the V-4? Shouldn't it have Superior Torque, HP, AND light weight in a compact package? I'm curious as to why all of these manufacturers have missed that.

41 - 44 of 44 Posts