Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A city I live by banned motorcycles in their parades after a couple of incidents where the riders couldn't control their bikes at slow speeds and ended up running into the crowd.

Does anyone know why Chicago banned them?

·
Registered
173 Posts
That sounds like typical bureaucratic thinking. I suppose if a horse bolts into the crowd becasue the rider "can't control" the beast we should ban all horses, too.

Maybe it was becasue Harleys can't go that slow for that long without overheating and breaking down - sorry just had to.

·
The Toad
17,449 Posts
Now now. Let's be fair here. The Club has hundreds of members and they arrested only 26 on various charges.

Sounds like the Idaho State University Faculty.

·
MODERATOR X
5,449 Posts
Re: Shriners & Cushmans

The Shriners on those damn Cushmans! They handle like a wheelbarrow full of bowling balls at slow speeds, and like Pierre LeVegh's 1955 LeMans crash in the 300SLR Merc, an out of control Cushman can take out hundreds of innocent spectators in one bloody swath. Like a scythe through wheat.

Minature fire trucks are next, and NO CLOWNS PLEASE.

·
Registered
107 Posts
It's all Hoffa's fault because---- It just is. This is stupid. We need to begin doing things to stop stupid politicians. People in these cities need to act by showing up at all the city meetings and any event these politicans are at and stand in the audience and ask how they got elected because it wasn't for being real smart. A little civil unrest goes along way we should all remembe that.

·
Registered
79 Posts
...I believe this is the second victory for the AMA in Chicago (though it may have been abate?)... Either way, after Mayor Daley did a midnight tear up of Meigs field along the lakefront, he then set his sights on motorcycles and banned them from using Lake Shore Drive. As I understand, it didn't last too long and LSD was re-oppened to motorcyclists.

·
Super Duper Mod Man
10,479 Posts
Hell, the Catholic priests wish the had less felons than the Vagos. Wonder what THEIR reputation was a few years ago? Wonder if the little tows kept the little boys indoors during a Catholic convention?? Ironic.

·
Super Duper Mod Man
10,479 Posts
Emperor....I mean Mayor Daley has been trying to ban motorcycles at every turn. Last year he was going to enact a helmet law just for the city of Chicago, and fine anyone without a helmet $250. When told he couldn't do that, he replied he might do it anyway, and let everyone fight it out in court. The man hates motorcycles and guns with a passion. Obviously, he's a real patriot that has nothing but everyone's best interests at heart. I guess all the trucking scandals and ghost payrollers he's getting hammered on is getting him a bit cranky these days.

·
The Toad
17,449 Posts
Whenever I hear people whining about vote fixing in Florida I just think of Chicago. Heh heh. Why worry about plugging a thumbhole in a dam when the spillgates are wideopen somewhere else?

Not only is it only possible to elect members of one party in Chicago. They also have to be named Daley.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.