Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
780 Posts
All worthy goals, but how much clout do we have? We're a very small part of the motoring population here in USA-land.

If they would just include a full section on two and no- wheeled target avoidance in the standard "Offenders Driving School" curiculum, I'd be totally pleased. Anything more would be a real surprise.

Are any of you joining this project?

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
It's not numbers that are important. It's being organized that counts. If even 25% of motorcyclists joined the AMA the amounts of political pressure we could wield would get a lot of attention. 10,000 letters on a politician's desk demanding action wouldn't be ignored, believe me.

·
Registered
730 Posts
I remember what my driver's education teacher said in High School.

"All you need to know about motorcycles on the road:

1: Don't ever drive one.

2: Don't ever ride on the back of one.

3: Don't ever forget the first two things you learned.

They are unsafe and should be illegal."

Nice guy. That was on the test by the way...I got 100% on that test but never learned. Screw him...I got a C because of "Excessively hard accelleration". Pffft. I digress.

We need to change people's attitudes about motorcycles. Think about this next time you're being followed by anyone: Driving schools hardly mention us. Don't you think we should get at least a couple "Bike Awareness" questions on the state DOT exam?

--Foxy

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.