Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
61 - 80 of 102 Posts

· Registered
3,415 Posts
The Tacoma paper today says the head of the U.S. "intelligance" community "admits we were all wrong about Iraq" Kinda late for that, boys. that's like Macnamara admiting Viet Nam was a mistake a few years ago.

It's Enough to make you puke

· Registered
10,900 Posts
Edwards is railing against "special interests' too. Oh, and he's a trial lawyer.

I think a "special interest group" is anyone who is interested in something that you're not.

And a rich person is anyone who makes a buck more than we do!

· The Toad
17,449 Posts
Dang! I wish....

...that we would get some real motorcycle content on this again site so we can go back to the more interesting unwinnable sportbike vs cruiser bashing oneupsmanship. This unwinnable you vs me political bashing oneupsmanship gets old. Its at least 15,000 years old. We should be tired of it by now.

· The Toad
17,449 Posts
Re: George Credit Card Bush

Both parties have been bankrupting Social Security for decades beginning with Johnson who used it to fund the Vietnam War and the Great Society. This latest round of irresponsible profligate spending merely moves the disaster date up a couple of years.

Neither party has the will to fix it.

· Registered
3,415 Posts
Re: motorcycle content, Eh?

Well I just got a new set of Dunlop D220's on my Triumph and I haven't even tried them out yet because it's been monsoon for the last few days. Some day it'll stop pouring down, I'm sure.

I got 12.5K miles out of the OEM Bridgestone BT54's but I never did like them. I used Michelin Mac.90's and D220's on my Suzuki and liked them both, but the D220's were (are) the best wet tire so thats what I went with.

· The Toad
17,449 Posts

I've been using D205s on my "G". This last pair is going to wear out within a month of the restart of riding weather. (It's gonna be 40 today! The ice dam in my driveway is melting!)

I tried Pirelli Dragon ST tires but the mileage really sucked. I've been getting around 9K out of the 205s but only got 6K out of the Pirellis. Plus the Pirellis don't seem to resist all the construction nails that dot the landscape around here as well as the Dunlops. Mileage is more important than stickiness for the riding I do on the "G".

How do the D220s hold up for mileage vs the 90s? (I guess they are 100s now.) How well do they stick in the dry?

· Banned
2,752 Posts
It's get old when you lose all the time right Three stooges

Lets see seruzawa lies about 5000 American soldiers getting killed in Kosovo and Buz brings up that Kerry is rich and that Edwards is a trial lawyer. Is that the best you guys can do. Yep go about arguing about motorcycles.

· Banned
2,752 Posts
Wrong Senator - Politics For dummies and SDSU grads

I think you are confusing him with the Senator from Nebraska with a similar last name. Who was accused of some atrocities. Senator Kerry from Mass. has a total honarable war record. Are you part of the Bush big lie thing?

· Registered
406 Posts
Yeah, low attendance that'll get 'em.

Don't Boycott. Demonstrate.

If you are going to make a point, you have to make some noise. Which is more likely to garner media attention, arm-chapped MOrons picketting for the AMA at Sturgis or a few 'bikers' not showing up to a biker rally?

· The Toad
17,449 Posts
Are the 3 stooges supposed to be you, me and longride or you, me and sarnali?

I guess it depends on which Kook it is. Is it 9000 rpm Kook or McCain Kook? Is it Bench Press Kook or MSF Kook?

Tell his mom that the prozac's worn off again.

· Registered
406 Posts
I agree with teapot. This year, we should all go to Sturgis. And make some noise! Demonstrate and raise funds and burn effigies of Janklow and his pet judge. Show that motorcyclists are not just angry about this but that we feel so strongly we finally mobilized and did something about it.

· Registered
3,415 Posts

The mac 100's are now Pilot Roads, from what I gather the compound is the same, only the tread design and manufacturing process is different. The 90's on my Bandit went 15k but they were well worn by then (though not bald)

When I traded it the D220's had about 9k on them and were good for another 3~4k maybe... I ran D205's on my VFR so thats what put me on Dunlops as an S/T tire.

As for holding up, I'd say the Michelin's would last a little longer but not stick as well on wet roads. Dry traction is about the same.

A few things to consider is I live in a cool wet climate so road temps are alot lower for me, also I'm pretty anal about tire pressure and run @ 37fr, 43 rr and though I ride aggressively from time to time, mostly I'm either commuting at 75 or so, or I'm just out plonking around @ 50 and I (think) I ride smoothly, so all those things contribute to tire life

It actually cracks me up to read about guys changing tires every 3~5k miles, they must have more money than me. I'd be going through 3 or 4 sets of tires a year.

61 - 80 of 102 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.