Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
81 - 100 of 102 Posts

· Registered
10,900 Posts
Tires

I had the Mac 100s on my Duc. I didn't like them. The fronts were really cupped but supposedly that problem is solved.

I switched to Pilot Sports which are great but wear out pretty quick and square off on a long trip. I here those new Avons are pretty good.

I'm about due for new tires, new chain and a new clutch. I might even spring for the ultra light aluminum job which is about 5 pounds lighter than the stock clutch.

Or just sell it. I'm not sure.

· Premium Member
77 Posts
Stupid AMA

The same thing would have happened if Janklow had run over or shot a baby, homosexual, or MS patient in front of a hospital. And of course the prescribed activist groups would be up in arms about it. Would the AMA be as interested or vocal if another demographic were involved instead?

This isn't a motorcycle issue and should not be treated as such. The AMA needs to cool down. This is a favorable treatment issue. The laws were in place. They were just ignored.

· Registered
3,415 Posts
Re: D-cups,

The D205's on my VFR cupped pretty badly, but I heard that was a common problem on VFR's because of the weight bias.

On my Suzuki the D220's didn't cup, nor did the Mac 90's, maybe Ducati front brakes are stronger than Suzuki's or more front end bias.

I looked into Avon st45/46's this time around because of the review's but I couldn't find anyone that carried them. Plus I got both D220's mounted and balanced OTD for $243. so I went with them.

· Registered
10,900 Posts
Re: D-cups,

I've bought my last few sets of tires online. The savings is great and the shipping isn't too bad considering sales tax is avoided.

I just put the tires around my waist and ride down to the dealer for the install. I look like the Michelin man!

· Registered
164 Posts
Re: By the way

I'd rather ride my bike off a cliff before voting (at any level) for a democrat. Besides, single issue votes are akin to those idiots who vote for someone just because they are "for" or "against" abortion!! No thanks, I'll stick with independents and republicans. At least with them, I have a good idea how they'll take advantage of me.

· Registered
270 Posts
The fact that Janklow got off light is the big problem. Whether that light sentence was in any way related to the fact that he killed a guy on a bike, instead of a farmer's wife in a pickup, is not clear, though given the degree of prejudice exhibited toward bikers generally, that could be a factor. Judging from some of the comments on this and earlier threads, that suspicion of discrimination does seem to be driving anger to some extent. I think what's really driving it is identifying with the victim. It's only natural to respond more strongly to the experiences of people who are close to you in interests or otherwise. If a drunk driver kills your cousin, you join MADD. If your wife dies of breast cancer you contribute to the Susan G. Komen foundation. This particular misfortune and injustice falls to us to express it because of our shared experience as motorcyclists. So let's do it.

· Registered
240 Posts
Boycotting Sturgis may hurt the innocent, but it would also be extraordinarily newsworthy. The average schmoe has never heard of Janklow; it's below his radar screen. But a successful Sturgis boycott would be national news and could raise awareness of the issue big-time.

· Banned
2,752 Posts
The dumbest post of the year

You should be on the Jay Leno show's Jaywalking cause you just made the dumbest comment of the year "At least with them, I have a good idea how they'll take advantage of me." Grow up and educate yourself.

· The Toad
17,449 Posts
Biggest @$$hole of the century.

You really are a prize, you prick.

You love McCain who's another lying crook. Remember the Keating scandal? This @$$hole is responsible for ruining the lives of Lord knows how many people. But you love the lying scam artist. you obviously are incapable of noticing that the pig lies for your consumption, you buy his bilge, and then he goes on ripping the public off. He has nothing contempt for idiots like you who arew too stupid to notice what a lying criminal he and his pals in the Senate are.

Then there Mr. Honorable John Kerry. This JFK wannabe spent his time in Nam stooging around firing at targets of opportunity and managed to kill a few enemy plus a woman and her daughter, an elderly man and some ARVN troopers. I saw a load of gungho types like him when I was on the boats. I know just waht an irresponsible fool he was.

Then Mr. Honorable goes on to join an NVA/VC sympathizer group, The Viet Vets of America. He's a real buddy of Hanoi Jane Fonda. He knowingly allows people to testify before congress about all the atrocitis that Americans committed. The only problem is that many of the people who testify about atrocities never went to Nam at all or were in secure areas. This was a common tactic of Ho Chi Minhs toadies. Lies. You would fit right in.

Answer or not, I don't give a $hit 'casue I swear I'm never gonna ever read a single post of yours again. You useful idiot.

· Registered
406 Posts
Allright. Allright. Let's boycott Sturgis but let's demonstrate too. Lets make sure the media knows why we chose to not show up at Sturgis. Yeah, we could have events in towns all across the country for eveyone that would have gone but did not because of this. Since the event will be in your hometown (or only an hour or two away) you can bring all your buds who normally wouldn't 'make it' to Sturgis.

· Registered
164 Posts
Re: The dumbest post of the year

Dear Mr. Al Sharpton,

Since my father was a high ranking figure (politician) in one of the former administrations, I'd say it's you who needs to "grow up and educate yourself". I know all I need to when it comes to politics. I've seen and heard more then you will in a dozen lifetimes. With that, I'd say you're one of the dumbest most uninformed respondents I've heard from this year. Tag, you're it!

· Registered
10,900 Posts
Save your breath

The useful idiot is an "expert" on virtually every topic know to mankind.

Your post reminds me of PJ O'Rourke in "Parliament of Whores."

At least when the Republicans loot the treasure, pollute the environment and screw the taxpayer, someone makes a buck off of it.

The Democrats do it just for fun.

· Banned
2,752 Posts

"Since my father was a high ranking figure (politician) in one of the former administrations," Wew daddy was a big shot. Well some of us who have worked for every thing in our life and have educated ourselves feel your post was dumb. Go back and put that silver spoon back in you little rich boy mouth. I'll bet your dad would agree with me about the George "Credit Card" Bush deficits. Take some Econ classes and call back latter idiot

· Banned
2,752 Posts
Dear Confused in Utah

I think you are confusing him with the Senator Bob Kerrey from Nebraska with a similar last name. Who was accused of some atrocities. Senator Kerry from Mass. has a total honarable war record. Are you part of the Bush big lie thing?

· Banned
2,752 Posts
A Real American Hero

"The Democrats need a candidate who can turn the cathode-ray gun on the Republicans...Kerry, a Navy lieutenant, had little time for the long knives wielded among the higher ranks; he was being shot at by snipers along the Mekong River. A Silver Star, a Bronze Star and three Purple Hearts attest to his bravery. No Republican of sound mind will call Kerry's character into question...he offers America's Democratic majority the best chance of winning the popular -- and electoral -- vote."

-- Santa Fe New Mexican, January 29, 2004

"Michigan Democrats can contribute to the cause at their Feb. 7 caucus by voting for Massachusetts Senator John Kerry to be the party's nominee for president...Kerry, 60, offers serious differences from Bush, both in background and on issues...Kerry has genuine military experience -- heroic, in fact -- and was an important leader in the effort to end the war in Vietnam."

-- Detroit Free Press, January 29, 2004

· Registered
164 Posts

You talk just like a person who likes to lick P Nuss's. Do you like to lick P Nuss's? I think you do. I also think you like to swallow!!!

81 - 100 of 102 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.