Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11,483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The AMA..... mumble, mumble.......... groan (big stretch)........ *Yawn* (scratches balls)....... first pos...Zzzzzzzzzzz

·
Banned
3,775 Posts
kpaul, the GMP, predicts and then it happens.

Yep slow news day Colts 29 Bears 17 4th qtr.

kpaul, the GMP, predicts and then it happens. Grossman is not a NFL blue chip quarterback..

·
Registered
11,483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: longride spotted in Arkansas.

"Information provided to Today’s THV from the senator reveals 65 percent of motorcyclists killed in 2005 died in states with no helmet laws. Fourteen percent died in states with such laws."

And what states did the OTHER 21% die in? State of Denial? State of Shock? State of Stupor?

My own position is kind of precarious: I'm for the "ideal" of a Helmet Law, yet against the way it actually is implemented.

I also dislike the fact that some Idiot-stick Senator thinks he's a much better Nanny than his constituency. No law, then a law, then a repeal, now another law....... When does it end? Second day of Never.

·
Banned
3,775 Posts

Did you watch the video? Pretty interesting.

·
Registered
5,019 Posts
Hot committee-formation action! Woo-hoo!

Thanks for posting this!

·
Banned
3,775 Posts
slow news day.. see longride siting below..

·
Banned
3,775 Posts
Mladin should be praised for this.

Seriously, say what you want about this Mladin but he has been out there on point . He has been critical of the AMA race tracks.. As he pointed out many times the U.S. has very few "proper" motorcycle race tracks. Because of Mladin's courage to speak out things get better for all racers.

·
Registered
11,483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Did you watch the report on the Cell Phone Bill?

Hendren is behind that one too. Mind, I could almost back him on it (if it were my State), but studies have shown it's the fact you're TALKING TO SOMEONE NOT THERE (much like this reply to ksquid - couldn't resist, dude!) that's the problem - NOT merely holding a piece of plastic against the side of your head that is distracting.

·
Banned
3,775 Posts

Yep WA state is considering it. Hey I caused an accident while fumbling for a cell phone so I can say first hand I like the law that NY state implemented. And you are right it, having a head set on doesn't solve the problem..

·
Registered
530 Posts
Anything to keep the riders safe and keep 'em riding in the rain. From the season's I've followed, MotoGP and WSB are rarely called on the count of rain (unless it's torrential), but AMA SB is all the time. Rain racing is part of the sport as well, so fixing some of the tracks might help with that. Mind you, all tracks should be as "safe" as they can be regardless of weather, so let's hope a committee actually helps.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I just love Mladin's honesty. If we're going to do this half-assed, I can do it from my front porch. You tell 'em Matt.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.