Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Banned
2,752 Posts
Another reason why I shouldn't renew my membership.

First the idiot helment thing now this. The AMA has ***** for brains. They should be working on protecting motorcyclist by lobbying for stiffer penalities for cage drivers causing the deaths of motorcyclist. This really lowers their credibility. If I was president of the AMA I would take the opposite approach. Promote motorcycles as a clean alternative to traffic problems and energy conservation. To do that you must support clean air standards. Honda has no problem meeting these standards. I suspect ShortHop's (longride) Harley brothers are behind this. If it wasn't that for the chance of winning free motorcycle cycle I wouldn't sign up again. Dumb ass AMA. They make us all look like trailer trash idiots who won't wear helments and want to trash the environment.

·
Banned
2,752 Posts
SeraSuzy you are right about passing on the cost but I am sure that innovative engineers at Honda, Yamaha, Suzuki and Kawasaki will have no problem building clean machine only Harley will have trouble making it

·
Banned
2,752 Posts
Re: Another reason why I shouldn't renew my membership.

Helmet OK .. I was in a hurry on my way to school. I bet I make more than you since you only have piddly ass BS degree in CS. I on the other hand have an engineering degree, MBA, and working on a MS in CS. CS is the subject us engineer used as electives to inflate our GPA.

·
Banned
2,752 Posts
Excellent Post

I apologize for my spelling and writing. I guess I was pointing out a different path the AMA could take. You right when you say. "I like to make the point that people who are less intelligent and/or members of a lower SES (than myself), are often tremendously more worthy human beings (than myself). " Perhaps I was wrong to say trailer trash but one of the problems a motorcyclist has to battle is the perception by the general public that motorcyclists are less intelligent and are not law abiding folks. The AMA should project a clean and responsible image. One way would to depict motorcycles as a clean and efficient alternative to cars. Another way would be to depict motorcyclist as responsible and law abiding. To me battling helmet laws and clean air standards sends the wrong message

·
Banned
2,752 Posts
Excellent Post

I have two daughters and I totally agree with you. Motorcyclist should be leading the way in clean air not following or avoiding.

·
Banned
2,752 Posts
The current leader of the EPA would say you are wrong.

Earth to SeraSuzy. We live in a republic, which sometimes changes leadership every 4 years. The current leader of the EPA, Christie Whitman, is a former Republican governor of the state of NJ. She is not for putting us all on buses. Get Real there is no conspiracy. There is a genuine desire to clean up the environment not to target motorcyclist.

http://www.epa.gov/adminweb/admin-message.htm

·
Banned
2,752 Posts
Re: Never ceases shorthop fuzzcom.

inane ???? Your grammar has problems. Just attack the person not idea. Typical spew.

"The U.S. has been getting cleaner. Do you want to die of a heart attack at 75 or of the plague at 30? Do you want horse***** in the streets or municipal waste treatment plants? "

What the hell is the point you are trying to make. Seems like you need some college english class to teach you how to organize your thoughts. I think you are copying longride too much. He attacks my grammar but my wife who has degrees in journalism and english says mine is bad but longrides is worse.

·
Banned
2,752 Posts

My wife who has degrees in English and Journalism is looking at your posts for grammar and spelling errors. Although I am bad she says you are worse. Since you continue to make attacks about the way I deliver the message and not the message itself. We (my wife and I) will collect all of your errors in one post.

·
Banned
2,752 Posts

CS is easy syntax stuff how about a LaPlace transform or did you get that far in differential equations. Data Structures was cake walk compared to my Fields, Electonics and Analog Design classes in Electrical Engineering. Wow trees and linked lists child's play. Give me a break coder. Give me your best shot coder. Attack the idea not the person. This shows me when you are desperate in an agruement you always attack the person. A weakness in character I am afraid.

·
Banned
2,752 Posts

By the way I have C, C++ , Ada and Java experience. From large scale business systems to embedded real-time aircraft systems. Jerk.

·
Banned
2,752 Posts
You are correct sir

shorthop's facts are dubious at best. The fastest new production Corvette makes the quarter mile in 13 seconds right. llongride is saying that my Dad's old Camaro would do that . My dad would say you would be dreamin. My Dad says don't believe these old farts that the old muscle cars were better. He likes his Z4 better than anything produced back then. Muscle cars were good as long as you didn't have to turn. Kind of like Harley's :)

·
Banned
2,752 Posts
Finally an articulate voice of reason in this thread

Excellent Post. I too was an NRA member until Columbine. I use to live close to that high school. The NRA is way to radical for me. My Dad said in the old days they promoted gun safety and helped get many of the state run hunter safety programs started. Now they are out of control. Your third paragraph was an excellent explanation of the situation. Thanks for sharing your intelligence.

·
Banned
2,752 Posts
Re: KPaulCook vs Longride in Pay-per-view cage match

longride vs. Kpaul

shorthop vs spike

old fart vs. young buck

gray pony tail vs. still has hair

can't get it up vs. can't get enough

old tech vs new tech

V twin vs Inline 4

always get the facts wrong * vs has all the facts

midwest vs west coast

sausage vs salmon

ugly Chicago vs beautiful Seattle

thinks he can write vs. knows he can't

Harley vs Kawasaki

helmet vs helment

coder vs engineer

leather vs kevlar.

no contest KPaul wins. better throw Serasuzy into the cage to help shorthop (longride).

* see 60s muscle car discussion with Sean Alexander for laughs

·
Banned
2,752 Posts
Grammar check on longride

"My brother ..." poor verb use

"the sound " Should be "The sound"

"About half a block down he"

should be "About half a block down, he"

Flesch-Kincad grade level: 4

1 - 20 of 28 Posts